Hunters in Washington state arrested for chasing and shooting at two Australian firefighters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/10/hunters-in-washington-state-ar.html

4 Likes

To be fair, an Australian firefighter will feed a family of four for weeks.

34 Likes

What the hell?

25 Likes

I would not be surprised to learn that “hunters” is a euphemism for right wing survivalist nutjobs who flipped out that government officials were coming to get them

72 Likes

More like What the fucking unfuckable fuck?

14 Likes

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot.

15 Likes

tumblr_p36dps7izR1w97wono2_500

21 Likes

This has “sovereign citizens” written all over it. May they rot in prison for attempted murder. Firefighters are the only thing standing between the West Coast and oblivion. Thanks to the Australian firefighters who decided to stay. Hope law enforcement makes good on the promised security.

58 Likes

They probably don’t recognize the jail, so, maybe they’ll just think that they are on vacation.

7 Likes

Yeah, but when Australia does invade, these guys will be heroes.

2 Likes

Hunters? More like pot growers.

10 Likes

There is a noticeable lack of physical description of the hunter’s. They don’t even say if the hunter’s were arrested or are still on the loose.

4 Likes

Western Fire Crews Get An Assist From Australia And New Zealand

Maybe the hunters thought that they’d brought birds with them?

10 Likes

Deliverance II: Northwest

13 Likes

There is a noticeable lack of American coverage.

12 Likes

Australia is one of the few countries that shares the United States’ idolization of rifle-totin’ frontiersman and even THEY think we’ve gone totally off the deep end with gun culture. This incident isn’t going to help our image any.

21 Likes

I haven’t even heard about this on local news (I’m in Seattle) but to be fair I don’t exactly watch the 5pm newscast here. But I do have some local news apps that notify me of bigger local stories and I haven’t heard a peep. I suppose I need to go to the BBC to get actual details.

5 Likes

Yeah i clicked on the original article and it was a group of anti-government peoples that had taken over the area. As far as i’m concerned these militia types are terrorists, but hey when they’re white they’re all troubled lone wolf sympathetic people.

35 Likes

Is it even illegal to break the law if you’re a sovereign citizen type? The Bundy Brigade got off (mostly).

5 Likes

Ah yes, the venerable “CAN’T HEAR YOU NANANANANA” defense.

8 Likes