Hurricane Ian: Fort Myers suffers catastrophic flooding, while at least one shark spotted in city streets (video)

Sharkrricane doesn’t have the same ring to it…

Hope all* stay safe, from a brother on the other side of the pond!

(* terms & conditions apply)

5 Likes

HOA president rules enforcer.

2 Likes

I have friends in Florida, but even with that, I feel as though this nation should probably abandon the notion that a sandbar can also be a state, and maybe not waste money re-building something that will be torn down again in the next 10 years.

Florida certainly isn’t paying for MY home to be rebuilt when a mine collapses and it falls into Appalachia, so I’m not really keen on repeatedly sending relief to a state that refuses to acknowledge the reality of their inevitable future.

4 Likes

10 Likes

“Sell their property to who, Ben; fucking Aquaman?”

2 Likes

I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

3 Likes

…said in your best grandpa Walton voice right? :slight_smile: I thought I was the only one that makes utterances like that!

So far 64 dead in Florida.

Is it just me or did this storm not prompt much evacuation? As if people didnt think it would be that bad?

1 Like

As a resident for a decade, apparently “evacuation fatigue” sets in, and folks start to disbelieve the weatherman.

3 Likes

Not everyone can evacuate either. This is one of those things that happens up here with wildfires, people don’t have the money to just up and eat out for a week or two straight or go to hotels that take pets / etc.

2 Likes

Here’s a very scary video showing what 4,5 m storm surge looks like:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.