Husband of Moms for Liberty co-founder accused of rape by alleged menage a trois lover

Originally published at: Florida GOP Chair Accused of Rape by Alleged Threesome Partner

6 Likes

Old Testament values, presumably.

23 Likes

Conservative sugar daddies have invested a lot in this family, who’ve set the template for far-right takeovers of school boards over the past few years. The Bedrock, USA podcast did a three-part series on her and the roots and consequences of her campaign.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-01-18/school-board-queen-florida-mom-shakes-up-us-education

15 Likes

It is stories like these that are corrupting our youth. Shame on you for publishing this smut, @frauenfelder. Take it down NOW before CHILDREN might see it! /s

15 Likes

I’m reminded, re the holiday just past, that the very Pilgrims these nuts revere — for bringing Jesus and casserole to the ungrateful Injuns, or something — considered marriage a strictly civil arrangement, not a business to be handled by clergy.

13 Likes

Interesting how they don’t refute the accusation that her husband raped their threesome partner… :thinking:

22 Likes

As I noted a little over a week ago, not only are they quoting fucking hitler, they appear to “think” a proofreader is someone who looks at the label and announces how strong the booze is.

15 Likes

I think they also had a trial-run arrangement, where the young couple would sleep in the same bed, and if somehow pregnancy resulted, they got married. Otherwise, they had the option to move on.

15 Likes

So THESE are those Traditional Family Values I keep hearing about. Hmm…

13 Likes

How does the Husband getting accused of Rape ruin the reputation of the wife?

And if people like her despite her quoting Hitler, hwo can her reputation EVER get ruined?

10 Likes

Patriarchial values. It’s the wifes fault that her husband wasn’t faithful. He can’t help it, boys will be boys, and so on.

:face_vomiting:

14 Likes

I guess that Bridget Ziegler was present during the alleged menage a trois assault, making her an accomplice? :thinking: Plus, as @the_borderer says, “Patriarchy.”

11 Likes

I’d think the ménage à trois part might be a little difficult to explain during your book banning press conferences.

14 Likes

a threesome sex partner to both Ziegler and his wife,

Do you think it could have looked anything like this?

(That scene from The Handmaiden, if you don’t want to unblur.)

download

8 Likes

I fully expect they’ll explain that the reason they believe so fervently in book banning is because it just goes to show how Virtuous Christians like themselves can be swayed in to sin by reading The Kite Runner or Jean has Two Moms. .

8 Likes

‘I would never have done those things had I not read “Where’s Spot”.’

3 Likes

I assume that if this moves forward in any sort of legal way, he would be tried in Florida where it’s likely little to nothing will happen to him. That’s one of the many terrible things about the situation. Another case that will discourage individuals from coming forward if they’re ever assaulted.

6 Likes

The Republic of Gilead justifies the use of the Handmaids for procreation by referring to two biblical stories: Genesis 30:1–13 and Genesis 16:1–4. In the first story, Jacob’s infertile wife Rachel offers up her handmaid Bilhah to be a surrogate mother on her behalf, and then her sister Leah does the same with her own handmaid Zilpah (even though Leah has already given Jacob many sons). In the other story, which appears earlier in Genesis but is cited less frequently, Abraham has sex with his wife’s handmaid, Hagar.

6 Likes

In addition to what others have mentioned about patriarchy, the husband is a bigwig in the Florida GOP who first suggested that his wife set up this fascist AstroTurf organisation. They’re already “partners in crime”, so when one gets in trouble people will immediately look to the other.

4 Likes

Oh, they were doing biblical re-enactments! I get it. /s

7 Likes