Husky puppy's first howl

My lab-husky mix just tried to bite the speaker on my laptop. He was asleep on the floor before I played the video. And uh yes he is definitely a howler.

Well done bOING! Thanks @xeni.

2 Likes

Chaplin won’t either, although he does the head-cocking thing when I play these videos for him. He’s happy to bark and growl at squirrels and the UPS guy, but he doesn’t howl.

2 Likes

I played it for Sheba, our terrier/hound mix who’s barky, but rarely howls. She looked at the screen and did the head-tilt, but didn’t try to answer. (That’s more response than she usually has to my phone.)

I also played it for my elderly shi-tzu, Danny. He looked at it, then lost interest. His main focus these days is food and walkies.

1 Like

Camping in Algonquin last year we were about a quarter mile from a wolf pack, with two other packs within earshot. My young son was having a particularly bad morning one day, and his complaints set off the puppies in the pack then the whole pack. We giggled for days about that one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/23263266

When researchers discovered that howls were unique to the wolf, the speculation that the howl is their name sent shivers down my spine. The puppy is learning to tell you its name… :grinning:

3 Likes

that’s true. Baskets bay.

1 Like

Like a mo-fo.

1 Like

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.