Husky puppy's first howl

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/09/22/husky-puppys-first-howl.html

6 Likes

I can’t get either of my bassetts to howl. I show them videos and try encouraging them to do it by trying it out myself. They just act concerned for me.

8 Likes

Cockerdoodle mix: he ONLY howls when an ambulance or firetruck goes by then it is super cute
he seems kind of embarrassed afterwards

5 Likes

Siamese cat is looking suspiciously around room for other concealed siamese.

12 Likes

Someone autotune that husky stat!

2 Likes

:c i miss having a puppers

5 Likes

animation

6 Likes

It seems like Huskys are more vocal than other dogs. I kinda want one.

3 Likes

The pupkid’s got a lot to say if people would just listen to him…certainly makes more sense than some humans I’ve heard howling lately.

6 Likes

My wife and I have a Papillon. He is the most vocal dog I know of. He feels things very deeply.

@anotherone, He didn’t really used to howl until my wife and daughter started doing the Angry Birds mighty eagle call from the movie. Now he howls all the time…

We also have a Chinese Crested. She is not as vocal, but her vocalizations are fascinatingly unique. More chirps and trills than one would normally expect a dog to make.

2 Likes

That is indeed super cute and adorable. Not sure if I could resist joining in with the howling…

3 Likes

Hold all my calls. I’m dying from the cuteness.

4 Likes

I know! I swear up and down the little pupper sounds exactly like my brown tabby!

2 Likes

7 Likes

Huskies and Malamutes do have a reputation for being very chatty dogs who will vocally argue with you about tasks you ask them to do.

2 Likes

Psshhhh that’s nothin’ on this lil guy…

5 Likes

This is werewolf discrimination.

2 Likes

Baskets, I believe, prefer to “bay.”

2 Likes

I had an Afghan/Irish Wolfhound that would howl along with a piano.

2 Likes

Same with our dane (my avatar). He always seems rather depressed about his uncontrollable, primal urges to howl than embarrassed. For better or worse, we live within a three block radius of two hospitals and one fire station…

That husky puppy is the essence of cuteness.

2 Likes