I am done, **DONE**, with Target Goldtoe socks!

Apparently the real reason Steve Jobs dressed that way was because he didn’t want to waste any of his finite amount of daily mental energy on trivial decisions like what to wear.

President Obama does much the same thing except instead of wearing the same outfit every day he just outsources all that decision-making to someone else. So if he ever shows up to a press briefing in sweatpants, you know which staff member he just pissed off.

5 Likes

I do the same thing, but with thick white cotton socks. I buy a shitload at once, then once the pool gets too small to comfortably get through the week, I turn all the remaining good ones into shop rags and buy a fresh shitload. Because it’s now a few years later, and this year’s shitload (for some reason) can never be a match for the previous shitload. It’s not like they’re upgraded, but you can never find the same perfectly-cromulent white cotton tube sock two years running.

It’s kinda like how it was in the 80s, when you and all your friends all had VCRs, but no two of you ever had the same model.

9 Likes

They sell packs like this for ladies. Like, it will be a package of 7 socks, and they’re all the same color schemes but in different patterns. Used to get them all the time for my kid, who refused to wear socks that matched for years.

1 Like

7 Likes

The fact that you wear socks at all is to blame.

On for the love of…
I think it was @chgoliz that mocked me for my sockless shoes… (And my family, friends, animals, god itself…)

5 Likes

Get yourself some sandals. Or some of those toe shoes that creep people out.

Just anything but crocs.

(ok, ok, I am mostly trolling…)

2 Likes

Sandals have been a staple for like ever. But I’m pouncing into REDACTED VC in the morning. Which means “how casual do you dress to make it look like you look casual but actually planned it.”.

Please, gender none specific peeps,.I get it. (Slap me if I’m being a weirdo)

WWHD (What Would Holmes Do?..after the three lines of coke I mean)

2 Likes

My friend’s signature look is one red converse, one green one. He’s been doing it for a good 25 years now, it drives his wife mental. @japhroaig, just buy all black British army socks. They’re expensive, but you can, in a pinch, wear them for days and I’ve had 2 years wear out of the woollen ones. Why anyone buys any other colour sock than black is beyond me. THEY MUST MATCH AT ALL TIMES! People who dont understand this are right up there with folks who don’t care which way round the toilet roll goes (yes, they actually exist).

6 Likes

Holmes mainlined his coke. He probably eschewed woollen socks for silk ones as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somehow doing three vials doesn’t roll of the tongue. Sorry.

You should go to SOCK WORLD!!! My brother and I discovered a Sock World outlet, perhaps the only Sock World outlet, in a discount mall, and swore that, in the future, whenever we visited said mall, we must make a pilgrimage to Sock World and each buy the most special pair of socks we could find. Unfortunately, by the time we were both next out that way, Sock World was gone…

Tonight’s reminiscence was brought to you by Sock World. Tube socks, toe socks or lederhosen, for the home or for the office, for the foot or for the orifice, let Sock World take care of all of your sock needs.

5 Likes

In my defense, that doesn’t sound like me!

1 Like

One of my daughters was like this, except I didn’t have to buy the similar-but-different sets because she’d just re-purpose normal socks. Drove my dad nuts!

2 Likes

Costco sells these 4-packs of merino wool socks that are pretty much the greatest socks I’ve ever owned. I’m assuming they have a similar men’s product (but Mr. Bells is a bulk-pack-of-white-athletic-socks kind of guy, so I haven’t looked). My feet are always cold, except when I am wearing those. I avoid socks in the summer, but when the weather turns chilly those are the only socks I’ll wear.

4 Likes

Why not both? That’s what silk tweed is for!

1 Like

!!!
That’s impossible!!

It goes on so it dispenses from the front, not the back!!

mindblown.gif

3 Likes

Oh, you did.

1 Like

I know, right? It’s horrifying.