I am done, **DONE**, with Target Goldtoe socks!

Pro-tip: men’s socks are better made and WHEN (not if) they shrink they fit perfectly instead of becoming too small.

1 Like

Now you’re just telling me tall tales.

(Size 14-15, everything is too small. And yes, I am a clown :D)

3 Likes

these socks should fit fine*

*) remove baby before use

8 Likes

Looks about the right size, but how do I wear those with black shoes??

2 Likes

Surely you’re a brown shoe kind of guy?

You have caught me in a semi lie.

At home, brown all the time. On the road, black is best.

I’ve been using these:
http://defeet.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=EB9D8FFEF12B43329F1725654807B597
as my staple socks for years now. They’re half merino wool and half nylon, and they last pretty nearly forever. They do a 6" version too, if you’re feeling frisky.
These:

Have a somewhat higher wool content (60% vs 48%), and I like them too.
Either way, I tend towards the charcoal grey all the time as I’m contrairian like that.

1 Like

That’s not a problem I’ve had. My feet are average-length but narrow. Generally socks are too big. I totally believe that the men’s are better-made, though. Women’s fashion tends to be a lot more disposable.

3 Likes

Only if you don’t have a cat.

4 Likes

My cat emptied the roll once as a kitten, and didn’t again for the rest of her life. She was easily bored by games. Even gave up on the mouse-onna-string in favor of always being on top of me in some way, when she wasn’t outside laying waste to critters.

3 Likes

i don’t typically care on an average day where i’m not going someplace fancy if my socks LOOK mismatched, but if they FEEL mismatched that is just unbearable…we aren’t savages!

2 Likes

I only wear heather-grey Gold Toe socks. But you can’t just by the grey ones. They come in a 3 pack, with white and black. However, I found a place on-line that will sell 3 packs of just the grey socks. I bought 9 pairs, which is more than enough to last me between laundry days. And they’re all the same shade of grey. The only difference between any of them is that some have a natural fold with the heel on the side, and some with the heel in the middle. That’s only an issue when I’m folding them.

He talks?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 443 days. New replies are no longer allowed.