I am pre-ordering 'Buckaroo Banzai Against the World Crime League'

I broke rules of my home over it. I am not allowed to buy anything but cookbooks, magic and music on paper. Fiction and Science Fiction must be e-books.

4 Likes

Ok, so here’s a question. Who would direct the movie? If you say Tim Burton, I’ll kick you in the beans. It needs someone who would channel the spirit/weirdness of the first movie.

3 Likes

Guillermo del Toro

1 Like

Too serious? What about Taika Waititi?

16 Likes

YES! I didn’t know this was a thing- Thank you for sharing. Pre-ordering my copy now. (Fingers crossed it is better than the comic run from about 10 years ago.)

2 Likes

Egad this is wonderful news. We here at Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems eagerly await this release. ENHmTCgW4A0XbYz

2 Likes

Joe Cornish

the only “name” director that I could think of is John Carpenter. a guy who made Escape From New York and They Live should ought to swing it. he made another Halloween a few years back so I believe he’s still in the game.

to add: saw it in the theater and was able to get this vhs copy from my local video store, which used to fetch a collectable price I’m told, although probably not anymore since the excellent dvd release.

3 Likes

I’ve been ionized, but I’m okay now.

2 Likes

Taika Waititi, for sure. Produced by Jon Favreau.

3 Likes

Same here, it was only in theaters for like 3 days so when it came out on VHS I bought it. I thought it would disappear from rental shops just as fast.
As I recall, it cost about $80.

2 Likes

That was my immediate thought.

Although Patty Jenkins got the… off kilter energy of 80’s action flicks pretty on the nose in the opening of WW84. Buckaroo Bonzai is a great excuse to do more of that.

1 Like

There was a movie sequel to Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. It was called Back to the Future. It’s about John Bigboote’s subsequent adventures posing as a human as he adapts the oscillation overthruster into a device that can send automobiles through time instead of just through solid matter.

15 Likes

7 Likes

Ordered! The coolest crew ever assembled. God I love those closing credits.

No matter where you go, there you are.

3 Likes

OK, is there a video that breaks this down, like the one that quite convincingly explains how Snowpiercer is really the sequel to Willy Wonka? Because this is clearly worthy of significant exploration… :grin:

1 Like

I like the way you think.

5 Likes

I believe this is in you.

1 Like

The more I think about this – jet car that goes through dimensions, DeLorean that goes through the time dimension… This is definitely the same universe as BttF. mwahahaha!!!

3 Likes

lectroid-vs-doc

4 Likes