I can not honestly say I remember "Spice Up Your Life"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/09/i-can-not-honestly-say-i-remem.html

6 Likes

I envy you.

14 Likes

Hmm… poignant

1 Like

I can now go to my final resting place.

5 Likes

I can honestly say that the 1997 Spice Girls movie Spice World is a wonderful tongue-in-cheek semi-surreal postmodern satire, and I recommend everyone watch it!

17 Likes

Their bus can also jump Tower bridge…they’re so magical!

14 Likes

I can honestly say I don’t remember it. I don’t know if I managed to avoid it, or somehow blocked it from my memory. Unfortunately other Spice Girl songs I remember with too much clarity, despite my best efforts at the time to avoid them.

I don’t remember the spice girls being so cyber punk…but here we are.

3 Likes

I spent most of the 90s in gay bars – I remember all the words.

10 Likes

I know about as much about the Spice Girls as the Kardashians.

Perhaps I have heard some of the songs, but all those notes are lost in time, like beer in rain.

2 Likes

I hear you, but it’s more this one that reminds me of singing along with the club drag queens on a Thursday afternoon.

I will admit to still liking this one, but only this one.

9 Likes

Ugh. One of the most perfectest songs for lip synching to.

But also I am not ashamed of still loving this one:

5 Likes
3 Likes

I, on the other hand, can’t stop it from appearing in my mind at random times a few decades after last hearing it.

1 Like

Do I earn hipster credit or boomer credit if I own this on VHS? Bought new of course…

While I love the 80s, the 90s were fucking awesome.

9 Likes

I thought I had forgotten it, and preferred it that way.

4 Likes

I love the song. I wish they used it in my exercise class. I remember roller skating as a kid in the 90s dancing to this and smash mouth.

2 Likes

Be the hero you need, request some rocking 90s tunes.

5 Likes

I won’t defend the musical tastes of 90’s me, but I will defend the lip-syncing enthusiasm of 90’s me. Somehow missed the music video for this one though.

3 Likes

I was way too much of a snotty indie douche at the time to otherwise give the Spice Girls much consideration, but this song has always been an absolute blast .

4 Likes