I can't stop laughing about the way that this man provided Amazon with proof that his package was missing

Originally published at: I can't stop laughing about the way that this man provided Amazon with proof that his package was missing | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Pretty much every time my packages have gone missing over the years are the times their couriers decide not to take a picture of the package. Every single time. Which makes me think that the couriers are stealing the packages, might not be true but signs sure do point in that direction.

26 Likes

The cat in the background really makes it

14 Likes

The cat did it.

“I found out my cat was embezzling from me.”

14 Likes

Did it work I wonder?

4 Likes

Just wondering, is there a name for the accent/talking style in this video? It’s used often on insta/tik tok/etc. Is it AI or spoken by a non-native English speaker?

Oh the couriers are definitely stealing packages most of those times. Heck, I had an order stolen by the courier that was positively outrageous - they cut the bottom off of the box, took the contents, and taped it back together with regular packing tape (as opposed to the amazon labelled packing tape). They then dropped it off in a pile of packages at my University’s shipping and receiving department, and filled in their report claiming that the University “weighed the package and confirmed that the weight was correct”.

My university’s receiving department does not even have scales.

When they wanted proof, I gave them a photo of the empty box, with the wrong kind of tape used to seal it, and a signed letter from my receiving department saying they don’t have scales.

They then sent me a replacement, and six months later started demanding that I return the original (which was stolen by their courier) because they had sent me a replacement and not received the original back…

14 Likes

Just out of curiosity, how do you prove that you didn’t receive a package from Amazon? Asking for a friend.

8 Likes

I’ve had a couple different packages not delivered from amazon over the years and both times they were like “ok, we’ll send a new one” without any proof.

17 Likes

Thanks for posting this! Is it crazy that I haven’t heard this bit since at least the early 80s and I could still recite it line-for-line? I guess when you play something enough as a kid it’s just in the deep lizard brain somewhere.

4 Likes

It’s almost always synthesized speech. The only thing that makes me turn off a video faster is certain background music.

14 Likes

We recently had some fancy honey go missing at the last leg courier, the replacement was labeled ‘Mollasses’ and it got to us fine.

5 Likes

ive also heard to watch out for maple syrup thieves… but a sticky situation regardless

5 Likes

I guess that bears don’t like molasses?

4 Likes

I watch most of these with the sound off. It’s a rare video that will get me to turn up the volume.

The downside is that occasionally an ad will play in the background and I won’t notice. Not much of a downside, I admit, but I hate to encourage them.

2 Likes

Surely it would make more sense for them to take a picture of the package THEN steal it?

7 Likes

A lot of people have doorbell or security cameras. If they did it that way, you would have evidence of the courier’s malfeasance. In fact, there’s a bunch of videos online that show just that.
For example:

5 Likes

I suppose so, but without the picture it’s harder for me to prove if it was delivered or not. It’s easier for them to send me on a wild goose chase checking for a package in several places if i don’t know where it might’ve been delivered.

5 Likes

Ha! That’s my Local 4! Warren isn’t far from me, but so far (knock on formica), we haven’t had issues with the delivery driver making off with our orders. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

… how many hours of video of an empty porch does it take to prove that he never showed up :confused:

3 Likes