I can't wait for Kellyanne Conway to spin the latest accusations of sexual abuse by Trump

Believe me, I’m not complaining.

1 Like

To the KKK alt-right, reality is a liberal plot.

13 Likes

I’m hoping that he and Eva don’t emerge from the bunker alive. It’s time, Hair Fuhrer.

5 Likes

I think we’ve more than hit that point. The accusation against Trump is sounding very credible at this point. That he’s made oblique references at multiple points to having sex with underage girls, has talked about how hot 12 year-olds were, has admitted to positioning himself so he could walk into the dressing rooms at his beauty pageants - including Miss Teen USA, with 15 year old contestants - to see the girls naked, hasn’t helped, of course. But even without all that, the accusation has substantial credibility.

He’s more than thinking it. He’s blaming the media for it:

No one saw Trump as anything more than a joke at that point, so apparently it was really hard for his (and the other Republican candidates’) staff to start taking him seriously enough to dig up the dirt on him when it turned out he was a real threat.

8 Likes

Trump campaign managers have the life span of Hogwarts’ Defense Against the Dark Arts professor.

Tho…I think she’ll hang in there and be a Carl Rove type figure. ‘anything for a price’.

4 Likes

As I recall, didn’t Assange say shortly after the DNC leaks came to light that they had way worse stuff but would wait to release it when it would hurt the most? And Trumpareena’s laughed and chuckled and were soooooo excited about that, looked forward to these October surprises, didn’t seem to mind that things were being timed to help their candidate in some possibly coordinated effort.

Shoe… other foot… pot… kettle… black… insert pithy metaphor… and so on…

7 Likes

I was saying this about a year ago. The Republicans were shooting their best story in the foot by plastering it in the media with constant references and investigations that the public would grow tired of it long before the election and would simply shrug. Even Bernie said “I don’t want to hear about your damned email server any more,” and I honestly think that’s when interest began to fade. Now the public goes “well yeah, we didn’t like that, but we’ve heard it all before… now tell us about how you groped a twelve year old beauty pageant contestant in the bathroom of the Sleaze Jet you own, and how she loved it and had great breasts for her age…”

You bring them down to that level with forty or fifty years of being a woman loving pig, and that’s the story you end up with. Good thing for us Hillary wasn’t groping interns and shoving her tongue down the throat of male reporters, isn’t it! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If she wants a much easier job with a much more sympathetic client, I expect President Assad would like to see her CV.

7 Likes

I wonder how long until she realises he has no plans of paying her salary. Trump has a history of not honouring contracts.

10 Likes

No, it’s the Matrix. Seriously. I mean, there are people out there throwing money at research in an attempt to prove that this must be the case. (Although, frankly, I’d have thought that Trump was proof enough…)

Is our world a simulation? Why some scientists say it's more likely than not | Computing | The Guardian (etc. etc. It’s not a new thing.)

1 Like

Didn’t Colbert say something like “Reality has a strong liberal bias”? That can’t be demonstrated more clearly than this election. What with Trump flatly denying that he said shit in video+audio recordings of a person who is verifiably him. And he even got his runningmate to do the same.

10 Likes

That was to Bush Jr…

…where are we at when I look back at the Bush 2 years with nostalgia?

13 Likes

It’s as applicable today as it was nearly a decade ago.

Granted, people we traditionally call liberals have some common blindspots. Like GMOs, and vaccines to my embarrassment. But that’s fixable.

5 Likes

Those eyes - just terrifying!

oh, I blame her.

I don’t excuse the WWII participants who said they were just following orders either.

6 Likes

3 weeks out from the general election, and no end in sight.

3 Likes

A girl claimed she was raped by Trump, a friend of hers backs her story up, and she claims to have physical evidence.

I know it’s hard to believe them because, hey, females, you know? But I think that letting the justice system do its job rather than pooh-pooh an upcoming trial because of 20-year-old accusations against a completely different person makes sense.

4 Likes

The slimy tentacles of Trumps campaign are slithering away as we speak:

2 Likes

When Trump supporters say he doesn’t need to know about policy or foreign affairs because “he’ll have smart people around him” (an argument that was also made for George W. Bush and look how well that worked) I point to Conway and others in his campaign to show how really bad he is at surrounding himself with smart people.

6 Likes

A fucking men. I’m not a massive Clinton supporter, but he was a pretty damn good president and probably the most scrutinized in history. I’m amazed by how many of the unsubstantiated conspiracy theories from 20 years ago are resurfacing today. If there was some merit to them, Clinton would have been buried long ago.

4 Likes