"I Caught a Snowflake," by Gina Borys

2 Likes

Hope not. I prefer the sex-positive version of society!

5 Likes

I think what makes his stuff so good is his use of light, which comes from his use of references. I wonder if ALL of his stuff still uses references or not. Especially his book length stuff. I also found out he uses gouache, which I could never make work for me when I used. HATED the stuff.

IIRC Boris Vallejo also is well known for using some ripped men and women as models for his fantasy work. Though IMO that sort of works against him some times, as too the posed model doesn’t blend well with the rest of the scene.

ETA - I don’t know if he is a fan or if he owns stock in Dynamite, but he’s done a ton of amazing Shadow covers for them.

4 Likes

Looks perfectly acceptable by my standards.

I am a snowflake, the song of a generation.

1 Like

Heck, basically all Vermeer did was feckin’ tracing and painting by the numbers; the tosser! :wink:

2 Likes

“Surely unacceptable”…? Explain how, if you would.

1 Like

In other words, you cannot separate the work from the artist.

It depends on what sex-positive means. America is a mentally sick place where people receive harmful and destructive messages. There is virtually no information in popular culture describing proper mental health, how to view or process erotic art, or what is proper ethical behavior. If you think people should just know, you are wrong. Mentally healthy people are not born they are nurtured.

2 Likes

And here I’ve been thinking all along that your avatar is a rendering of Lee Van Cleef.

3 Likes

Beady-eyes? Man, I was thinking they was Angel-eyes.

3 Likes
2 Likes

That looks like Dane DeHaan on the right :smiley: I can really imagine some 1960’s patriarch adjusting himself in his layzeeboy, pointing his Lucky Strike at the RCA New Vista Cherry 25″, and say, “What in the Sam Hill is up with those kids?!”

2 Likes

His grandfather, maybe? The song is from 1961.

That was my first thought too.

1 Like

Reefer madness?

1 Like

I think it’s usually defined as having healthy, positive attitudes towards sex. As opposed to unhealthy, positive attitudes or healthy negative attitudes (both of which we see a lot of today).

I can live with that definition.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.