I challenge you to find a person stupider than Trump

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/21/i-challenge-you-to-find-a-person-stupider-than-trump.html

6 Likes

Weighing Options Are You Sure GIF

I mean, his views on Ukraine isn’t necessarily evidence of “stupidity” as much as it is evidence of him buying into specific russian propaganda - which is noted in this post, in fact…

I don’t know if just chalking it up “stupidity” is helpful, as it ignores that there well could be other reasons for his insistence on Ukraine being part of Russia…

Anyway… something similar to this, although it’s obviously not his “salary” as much as him possibly having economic ties to the Russian state in some way…

37 Likes

That’s a fool’s errand. I’ll get right on that as soon as I find a left-handed smoke shifter and a bucket of prop wash.

9 Likes

Obligatory Obi-Wan: “Who is more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?”

26 Likes

Space lasers currently being aimed at Trump to eliminate competition for the title.

5 Likes

“ I challenge you to find a person stupider than Trump”

Pretty much any “centrist”.

20 Likes

He’s not a genius, that’s for sure. Dumbest human ever? Not even close. He’s “smart” in certain ways. Ways that make him an effective con artist. If we could dismiss him as just a really dumb moron, he would never have been President in the first place. We underestimate him at our peril. I don’t think he’s going to win in November, but he could.

42 Likes

Done!

trump-family-men-opener

50 Likes

I failed your challenge before I finished the headline.

4 Likes

Tv Show Comedy GIF by HULU

I’m really not finding this “we shouldn’t worry cause he’s not too smart” line of thinking as helpful. He did a hell of a lot of damage, not because he’s smart, but because he had a set of well-established institutions from the far right set up to help move a particular agenda into place. He was thwarted a bit, but he could end up doing even MORE damage with a second term, since there is a pretty comprehensive set of goals in place now with project 2025…

And let’s not forget that fascism isn’t about smarts, it’s about force and imposing one’s will on an entire nation, often via violence. that doesn’t take brains, it takes a willingness to be violent.

49 Likes

Naive, marginally cunning (used to be), and mentored by con artists. It’s all he knows.

5 Likes

Helena Bonham Carter Reaction GIF

8 Likes

Don’t forget the blinker fluid.

7 Likes

Indeed, but then, I don’t know if being 'helpful" is at all the point of most BB posts.

Getting clicks, though…
:person_shrugging:

11 Likes

Amber Riley Tea GIF

11 Likes

Honestly I don’t know why anyone would think having someone stupid in charge is a reason not to worry. Yeah, Trump is a mean, selfish idiot. Would that make you feel better about him flying a plane? Why then would you feel better about him running a country?

Telling people to take bleach during a pandemic is a level of stupid rarely equalled…and it got tons of people killed that the president was doing that instead of letting it be handled properly. And even that’s before we get to his fascist goals. A bull doesn’t have to be smart to gore people.

20 Likes

Absolutely… And he is certainly a walking example of dunning-kruger (in that he thinks he’s smart about everything)… but as you say, he still poses a danger, and presenting him as “dumb” downplays that danger…

9 Likes

I can see that, in the fact that he seems quite surprised to actually face consequences?

3 Likes

Given that we have a society where rich white men OFTEN get away with all kinds of shit, how is that naive, though? That seems like he’s surprised at being held accountable specifically because he has a decades long history of getting away with all kinds of shady shit. That’s not being naive, that’s expecting the white patriarchy to take care of their own and for years it very much did so.

7 Likes

This is the part that I just don’t understand. He is a terrible con artist, yet so many people fall for the con. He has no charisma, yet People follow him like a charismatic cult leader. His lies are so easily disproved, and yet believed by thousands of sycophants.

10 Likes