I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

That’s one way to get into the safe: wait 50 billion years.

5 Likes

YES DISCOURSE I WOULD IN FACT LIKE TO REVIVE THIS TOPIC.

Anyway, did anyone hear that one about that Weasley-looking fellow who found a locked safe in the back of a closet in his new house?

13 Likes

The one where he walks into a bar with a Priest and a Rabbi?

1 Like

A new year, a new look!

You may remember last year’s “Safe Sale” sign, that I posted above…
Safe%20Sale%20IMG_1206

Well, here’s their new look!

Much snazzier, wouldn’t you say?

8 Likes

Hmm. How do most people read that?

• Sale Safe
  • Safe Sale

0 voters

3 Likes

What about:

S Sale F E

?

4 Likes

I’m not sure that I actually did “read” it—rather, I think I couldn’t help seeing it as “Safe Sale” simply because I knew what the earlier sign had said. But I did have an underlying sense that something felt “off” about it. If I was encountering the current sign fresh, I feel sure I would read it as “Sale Safe”.

Also, I thought at first that it was a new look just for the heck of it. It wasn’t until after I posted the new photo here that I realized that that dangling “A” from the earlier version probably went missing in a high wind or something. Assuming that’s true, I like that someone got creative with what they had left to work with!

5 Likes

5 Likes
2 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

It’s a light-hearted comedy about murder that has a side-swiping change of tone which makes you see what you have been complicit in absolutely clearly. Isn’t that what art is supposed to do?

(Not that I could watch it again, you understand.)

New strategy for @beschizza to try in the next time loop:

Jump to 6:00 if you’re impatient.

8 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Libraries AND safecracking? SOLD!

8 Likes

Has anyone seen my sanity - I was reading the current news and it may have escaped. Is it in the safe?

8 Likes

Or better yet, is it safe?

3 Likes
15 Likes