I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

I’m having trouble picturing a safe smaller than a bucky ball enclosing a smaller molecule.
But I’m open to suggestions.

2 Likes

Dun dun dun!

23 Likes

Nasty little hobbitses!

12 Likes

alright, you fuckers, I will crack it this weekend or call a locksmith monday

53 Likes

28 Likes

16 Likes

16 Likes

18 Likes

It’s pretty much cheating to call a locksmith. I retract my applause gifs in the event you resort to that.

5 Likes

I dunno, I see comedy potential in the locksmith option:

• Locksmith enters
  • Two seconds later, safe is open
  • “You do realise that this safe was already unlocked, yes? You turn the handle to the left. That’ll be $300…”
35 Likes

16 Likes

12 Likes

22 Likes

18 Likes

­FINALLY!!!
(also, as I said fucking ages ago, there must surely be a friendly BBSer who’s a TOOOL aficionado or the like within driving distance? Who nwants to be in a BoingBoing article? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)

6 Likes

7 Likes

I don’t know Rob. The fact that this thread has gone on so long amuses me. What will i do once the safe is open?

10 Likes

17 Likes

Reminds of the time when I locked myself out of the flat and the landlord wasn’t available. The only option was to call a locksmith. He turned up after an hour (tbf, it was a Friday night), stuck a bit of flexible plastic through the doorjamb and click, the door was open. And my bank account was £100 lighter.

12 Likes

Locks (especially doorlocks) are fairly trivial to open, but requires the know-how to do so even if it isn’t complicated. So difficulty of opening a lock is irrelevant, the locksmith did his job and charged you an appropriate amount to have a professional out there to do his thing.

On a related note, my dad once lost the car keys after putting them in his swim trunks while swimming in a river. To get a locksmith out there on a weekend would’ve cost a fortune and we would’ve had to wait almost a full day. Thankfully the owner of the tubing place we did our rentals from had a kit to jimmy the lock open, i was surprised how damn easy it was to pop the lock.

10 Likes