I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

Plasma cutters only cut through electrically conductive materials.

6 Likes

Look up thread, there’s several mentions of that problem. And somewhere in there a cruddy copy of a mythbusters segment where they tried it. Not sure how big the safe/vault is in Thief. But the one they actually tested was inspired by, and the same size as the one in The Score. Probably in the 5 foot tall range. IIRC actually watching the full episode it took them lots of actual lances and good amount of time to burn their way in. And it toasted absolutely everything inside, including the safe’s own internal bits. I don’t think that’s a practical way to open any safe/vault regardless of size. A real world bank vault might take days to burn through. For Rob’s little safe? I suspect it might just burn up the whole damn thing.

3 Likes

Or maybe

3 Likes

Four hundred replies, and I’ve only just realised the simplest possible solution. @beschizza, just photoshop the damn thing open.

23 Likes

Excellent idea!

17 Likes

27 Likes

24 Likes

20 Likes

Now do an oncoming train!!

10 Likes

22 Likes

C’mon, you know it’s Rick Astley in there!

12 Likes

If I didn’t have to switch off my work laptop to my personal laptop every time I wanted use Photoshop there would be. Also Jimmy Hoffa. Perhaps also a note from Geraldo saying “psych!”

8 Likes

13 Likes

That’s not a safe, it’s a trap door.

7 Likes

I thought for sure you’d do

15 Likes

Neat! How about recursion (the same contains the room containing the safe which contains the room…)?

3 Likes

http://imgur.com/3dmiSH6

14 Likes

What? No turtles all the way down?

3 Likes
10 Likes

Some time back, my friend & I took a LOT of 2c-e and watched all of trapdoor synced up to Peaky Pounder mixes. Good times.

2 Likes