I shall expect mine in the mail

6 Likes

Ooh, some good anagrams in there:
A lapse of office sin
Caffeine foils a sop
A penis oils face-off
Poo-face sniffs a lie
…and many more.

(Sorry about those last two, I’m watching Nigel Farage live - or as live as he ever is - and it is obviously having an impact.)

11 Likes

You are? Why?

3 Likes

Boob on the Beeb.

1 Like

Tomorrow, the sawzalling will begin.

Of the false wall around the safe.

Not the safe.

This might seem anticlimactic, given that the safe will not be accessed. However it will hopefully make it easy to remove the safe somewhere more scenic and accessible. So combinations can be attempted at leisure.

Or it can be dragged into the yard and exposed to more aggressive methods.

36 Likes

25 Likes

That should be in an Evelyn Waugh novel. In fact, I think it’s my new head-canon that it is, and I’ve just forgotten which one.

6 Likes

I have no idea if your safe has wheels, but if not, I had great success moving a bank of safe deposit boxes across a room, solo, using a few lengths of copper pipe, rolling it on them and moving the last one out the back forward to the front, pyramid builder style.

13 Likes

10 dollars says you can convince some happy mutants to record it for less than 10 dollars.

It just became very difficult for me to finish what I was doing.

7 Likes

Or it can be dragged into the yard and exposed to more aggressive methods.

A multi-day account suspension can do wonders.

11 Likes

It’s the only way to be sure.

14 Likes

That plaster was like cement. Took ages.

37 Likes

Nice.

29 Likes

There’s a void there of about 20 sq ft, under the staircase.

23 Likes

It was heavy but once it got moving, the wheels loosened up a little and it wasn’t too hard to roll into a more convenient location for further activities.

It is now appropriately positioned in my lair for a safecracking robot, safecracker, or adornment with potted plants.

41 Likes

Very exciting! Can you tell us what you know so far? Do you know if it’s a 3-number or 4-number combination? Which way to turn it? How does the dial feel? Does it make little clicking sounds as you turn, in either direction? Does applying pressure to the lever have any effect on the feel of the dial? (It may just be a handle, because I think some of these locks are opened by the force of some final bit of rotation after the combination has been fully entered.)

8 Likes

Hmm. Is there enough of an edge there to just jack the front and back apart, assuming more gentle methods don’t succeed?

6 Likes

Well, that didn’t take long.

67 Likes