I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

:slight_smile:

11 Likes

Nah, just memory failure for me. I just remembered somebody had mentioned it a long-ass time ago, so I re-read from the goddamned top until I found it.

Toldja I was all out of comedy. :wink:

6 Likes

That’s some dedication there. :slight_smile:

Yeah. I’ve seen Fuller House, too.

11 Likes

During the annual KTUH fund drive, they used to do this with the music of The Shags.
“Call now with a pledge to get us to take this off the air!” … until someone calls in with a larger pledge to put it back on.

4 Likes

Zing! Aw snap!

9 Likes

made me realize I didn’t know any of his credits except Will & Grace. “Miscellaneous Crew” on Encino Man, but this was the best:

we know yeehawkate is just your sockpuppet account, @Donald_Petersen!

23 Likes

Heh. That’s my niece.

27 Likes

31 Likes

Is this that thing I am always hearing about where a lady suggests an idea and then a guy picks it up and suddenly it’s cool? It’s okay as long as we can see what’s inside that safe. And if we kick in funds for the big hack, we all get a portion of the stacks of money that are sure to be inside!!!

19 Likes

Hey, me too!

7 Likes

I’m hoping the safe has the only copy of the US nuclear launch codes - it’s the one place they are certain to be safe from Trump…

9 Likes

What if the safe has another safe inside of it?

9 Likes

12 Likes

I hasten to point out that I hastened to point out that it was your fabulous idea in the first place. But… yeah, that totally happened, if only because Jeff knows how to set up a GoFundMe thingie or whatever it was and I don’t.

In March it just seemed an idealistic lark. Only now, after all we’ve been through together, has it become a morale imperative to get that box open and release Pandora’s Furies Rob’s Hope into our hope-starved lives.

No pressure.

20 Likes

I awoke to a paypal notification of $20 received, along with the note ‘just open the fucking safe.’

52 Likes

Since we are actually this ridiculous, I will film the locksmith opening it and everything.

(Don’t send me money. Let me find a cheaper one!)

EDIT: If you must, do this thing here that @codinghorror set up instead of actually wiring me money!

35 Likes

Yes, after the long drought of good news as we welcome our new dictator, we need a happy story.

12 Likes

The prior owner of the house dropped by last week and marveled at the fact we had gotten the safe out of the wall and wheeled it into a useful location. He says he “thinks” it’s empty, but that it also has another chamber in it that was locked.

I don’t know if this is a thing with old safes (all I could find on google is people welding their mini gun safes into larger safes) – that seems almost too funny to be true. I also vaguely remember him saying he’d never personally seen in the safe when we were looking at the house last year.

28 Likes

36 Likes

32 Likes