'I go to thrift stores with $20 and try to make the weirdest outfits I can.'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/14/i-go-to-thrift-stores-with.html

5 Likes

Instant Fashion Icon.

6 Likes

He looks a bit like Owen Teague.

4 Likes

z996

9 Likes

I once got a women’s 70s-style flight attendant outfit in olive green with peach edging for under £5, including the hat, from a charity store.
Mainly made of nylon.

So obviously I totally approve of this.

15 Likes

Macklemore approves.

thrift-shop-big-ass-coat

10 Likes

Would you model it? I totes want to see that.

5 Likes

Hayden is some good Texas Panhandle weird. I like him. He had a fantastic run for Amarillo city council. Here is one of his campaign commercials: https://youtu.be/2-dMqrZ1Vvg

5 Likes

Gone, many years ago. It lives now only in our dreams.

(Honestly, it was awful :joy:)

7 Likes

My all-time-best find ever was a blue and white cheerleader outfit that fit 6’ 3" tall me. I loved that dress so much. I’d wear it at unexpected times, like on a moving day. I swear it put a bounce in my step.

10 Likes

If what you’re wearing makes you want to shake your pom-poms I say go for it! :grin:

7 Likes

Rats. Might have made a cool painting…

4 Likes

Sadly, a few years ago the zipping-up became, strained. And since then there has been an estate sale, divorce, and major move. Now I can’t find anything. Just this morning I was opening random boxes looking for winter wear. Apparently packing (most) everything you own while being mad makes for a poor archiving system.

[Insert gif of Steve Martin walking out in the move The Jerk]

But to end on a bright note, my cheerleader outfit brought me many happy days, and I hope wherever it is now it is giving someone more joy (or I find it in a random box and loose some winter weight so it fits again.) :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I thought he looked like Pete Buttigeig. Especially the cowboy one somehow.

1 Like

First time I’ve actually seen someone wear a lampshade on their head. He seems more sober than the tropes in one panel comics would have me believe.

2 Likes

Which airline?

2 Likes

Jeez, and I’m proud of the 70’s brown leather jacket I found in my sister’s laundry.

“Cool jacket.”
“Not mine. Can’t imagine who’s it is. Want it?”
“Oh yeah.”

It’s very Life on Mars.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.