Midcentury-inspired matching clothing by Charles Phoenix

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/02/midcentury-inspired-matching-c.html

1 Like

Lovely. If only I had a significant other to match up with.

1 Like

I love that fish combo!

But, even if it would ship to me, that price is way over my budget.

2 Likes

Once again the Featherstones were ahead of their time.

4 Likes

Show up on a date with the matching apparel as a gift. It won’t be weird at all…

8 Likes

I think they’re super cute but I’m pretty sure my boyfriend would jump into a river to drown before wearing a shirt like that… or he’d wear it once for Halloween and it would sit there in the closet every other day of the year. Come to think of it I don’t think the man owns a single button down with short sleeves.

1 Like

3 Likes
2 Likes

Do what film studio wardrobe people do when they want to find earlier-than-80s clothing; they go to thrift stores. (That’s how the Seinfeld wardrobe department filled up on Kramer’s outfits.)

1 Like

All my print/Aloha style shirts are from trawling thrift stores.

1 Like

I think one could get away with wearing this sort of stuff while on cruise ships.

Well… there you are!!

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

For a brand new shirt of that type, that is about average for price. Yes it is expensive but it will last a long time.
I got 2 Marimekko dress shirts ON SALE at $70ish each 10+ years ago and they still look great with regular wear.

That’s actually great advice, @euansmith. Go retro all the way and run up to your blind date sportin’ this! Don’t forget the chain! Guaranteed to impress! Just… just… run up there!

BTW: A secret part of me wants to get away with wearing those zoot pants. They look comfy.

4 Likes

Such “vintage inspired” shirts are what we just call “shirts” in my neck of the woods. I do like the fish pattern, and if these were available in a heavy cotton instead of sateen I might buy one. (Also not crazy about “dry clean only”.)

1 Like

The Zoot look is cool.

2 Likes

OH no - zoot suits - that is how riots start…

3 Likes

In Los Angeles, I think. I don’t believe anything like that occurred in NYC; my mom has a photo somewhere of my dad (as a teenager) wearing a zoot suit. He didn’t appear to be in danger.

:wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.