I liked it then... but now not so much

That’s you, that is.

2 Likes

See that old lady over there? That’s your girlfriend that is.

Now, the first two seasons hold up pretty okay. But back in '76, my favorite episodes were the Season Three ones, especially with Torchy the flamethrowing Dimetrodon.

But no. Those were really the worst.

11 Likes

I met my wife of 25+ years watching this movie on VHS. To this day, I would never watch it again.

Just had that for dinner. Add some mushrooms and some real sour cream and it’s not that bad, really.

Now, this stuff… hasn’t improved with time. But it was my daily delicious breakfast as a kid!

3 Likes

Zoos are improving massively, though still need work. One of my college profs helped design a tiger habitat at the Cincinnati zoo in the early 70s that was a glass-front room inside a building with a painted jungle backdrop. At the time, it was revolutionary and lauded as a wonderful improvement in animal care, etc etc. A few years later they noticed that the tigers just walked in a circle all day long, around and around, bored out of their minds. So they tried putting them in an outdoor pavilion. They kept walking in the same circle, constantly. They’d all gone bonkers in the enclosure.

These days we know much more about animal behavior and how to keep them from going literally insane, and I spent enough time studying zookeeping and such that I know how much time is spent improving their lives, though it’s still an uncomfortable gray area in a lot of facilities.

8 Likes

If anything, the taste has gotten worse because of the increased amounts of artificial ingredients.

(I used to make a type of malted milkshake with this stuff when I was in high school.)

When I was a small child (5 or 6), I liked eating plain iceberg lettuce. Now I just think of it as a way to ruin a salad.

9 Likes

11 Likes

5 Likes

1 Like

The clue might be in that picture, with those shining white faces and preppy attire. :wink:

1 Like

I just grabbed the first photo that came up for “officer friendly”

3 Likes

Every year in my x-mas stocking from mom. I think I’ve drank it once in thirty years.

So, have you moved on to other motorbikes? BMW or the like?

3 Likes

When I was 13 or so, I was 5’11" and 85 lbs. My doctor had me drink two a day with raw egg and ice cream blended in. I gained weight pretty fast.

2 Likes

I will never not love Star Wars.

4 Likes

My hatred for George Lucas has turned me to the dark side.

That motherfucker…

3 Likes

I was having a drink with five other guys not long after the latest Star Wars came out. Two of them had just seen it and were desperately trying to avoid giving away spoilers, because the other three were going to see it. I asked “Should I see one of the others first?”

Also:

5 Likes