I love this super-bright minimalist LED lantern, and will use it to survive the apocalypse

5 Likes

They accidentally the whole thing, and now I can’t even.

3 Likes

I didn’t mean, “option to select while buying things on the internet”, I meant, “option to choose from when turning the light off and on”. The headlight I use for camping has a steady red light piggybacked on all the other white light choices, I think every camping light should have it. Most campers out there don’t seem to know that red light has any advantage, never mind going out of their way to spend a few buck more on a light with that option. If they all came with that feature, it would be much easier to raise awareness.

4 Likes

I probably should have added something like “when the small laser pointers astronomers are using should be enough to oust everyone” - I thought Keck’s sodium beacon was enough : )

Nice Shot!

I keep flashlights (and a supply of the batteries) that use 18650 battery rather than AAA. For one thing, they’re rechargeable. The flashlights themselves are cheap. (I like the Ultrafire-style Chinese knockoffs that use the Cree LED sets.) And since I switched, I don’t have to worry about the kids swiping the batteries for their toys.

1 Like

unfortunately not mine. Laser guide star images are great, this one with added lightning is a beauty

1 Like

I just ordered two, based on looks alone. But I’ll bet it’s no Galvanick Lucipher…

Dude, I didn’t say I was Kohei Yoshiyuki.

I end up using them for camping and other various locations where recharging is less practical but every tiny bodega in the middle of nowhere has AAA batteries. I already have to carry a passel of CR123s, I’m not stocking more batteries in the house than I currently have to.

The kids don’t get toys with batteries. Those make noise. They get to play with a stick or some chalk.

2 Likes

You’ll never know unless you try!

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure he and I are after very different subjects, but thanks for the vote of confidence!

1 Like

1 Like

Most reliable LED flashlight, which I have had going on 10 years now, was a 3W LED upgrade for my large and serious Maglite™.

2 Likes

Just FYI, the first video on the Amazon page is NOT the product being sold.

Available via Amazon Canada as a ‘Etekcity’ lantern. Price is about the same, after the conversion.

/Also, ‘separately’, not ‘seperately’.

First off, I love your naive optimism on low beams! But more importantly, this thread has made me miss my girl scout flashlight, which had the red option – of course – and was truly indestructible.

1 Like

Not very minimalist, is that?

Muji to the rescue:

2 Likes

That quote reminds me of two books:

The hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy–

Space is big. Really big. You just won’t believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it’s a long way down the road to the chemist, but that’s just peanuts to space.

And Tau Zero

2 Likes

Then there’s even more minimalist for camping: http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Get-Gear-Firefly-Light-Up-Lid-258973

2 Likes