I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

STOP MAKING ME HUNGRY.

12 Likes

Do you have an okonomiyaki recipe you’d recommend?

Actually, that’s an open question to everybody.

5 Likes

Perhaps not as far off as you think…

7 Likes

This is one of the easiest, using the ingredients most likely to be found without being in close proximity to a Japanese grocer.

6 Likes

Thank you!

4 Likes

11 Likes

Was looking for a silly “vintage” valentine and came across more hotdog ones…

11 Likes

I don’t see any ketchup on that hot dog, thank goodness!

5 Likes

7 Likes

For those condiment experimenters in this thread I invite you to take Russian Dressing outside its usual comfortable context of the Rubin sandwich and corned beef special. You will be rewarded.

3 Likes

You’ve reminded me of a sandwich spread from childhood, which is basically mustard + mayonnaise. The mixture of flavors (like Russian dressing) means it goes well on a broad range of foods.

I’ve never made it, but apparently this is a clone recipe for anyone who’s interested:

4 Likes

Nice!

Back when I was a kid Hellmanns Mayonnaise had a “Burger Sauce” product that did not last long - Hellmanns Big H sauce! It was clearly a knock-off of McDonalds “Special Sauce” topping from the Big Mac, so I think it was only on the market long enough for McDonald’s lawyers to squeeze off a Cease & Disist. But we had it in the house and I remember liking it. Similar color to Russian Dressing, but tasted different - something else going on in there.

3 Likes

That’s not a chicken pipe, that’s a cockpiece.

(I’ll show myself to the door)

5 Likes

I was chastised by a fellow food nerd by my home made Russian dressing. Apparently, for authenticity, it requires caviar.

I locked eyes and didn’t even blink as I took a huge bite of my Reuben. He never mentioned it to me again.

10 Likes

Home-brew Russian is great with me, 'specially when you have a jar of the aforementioned Wickles for the mix.

2 Likes

I approve, but I warn you I can get a little food aggressive. For example, “I! Will! Cut you!! … With a dab of vinegrette and a touch of chives!”

It usually scares my sauces into submission, not unlike using fear and intimidation makes for growing the best house plants *

• Source, the autobiography, Good Omens
6 Likes

The same sort of pedantry that turns up its nose at a Caesar salad with no Roman Emperor in it.

14 Likes

As an aside, I met a saucy individual–let us call him Bernaise–who offered a Cesar salad to a strict Indian vegan. “I can take the fish off”, he demured, after a short conversation.

Smart people sometimes lack class. :whale2::fish:

5 Likes

The best response I’ve ever read, which I won’t do justice to at this moment, was someone who responded to such a discourtesy by offering everyone a stew, and after they’d all started eating mentioned that the meat they were eating was CAT. When everyone looked horrified, he offered to take the pieces of cat out of the stew for them.

Yeah.

8 Likes

I’ve never had cat; I assume it tastes better than horse?

5 Likes