I Ordered a Hot Dog from Burger King and

Oh dear. Just when I thought we’d reached some sort of truce, the condiment wars are renewed. :scream_cat:

5 Likes

I’m a lover of all condiments far and wide… except yellow mustard. Although I am ok with the flavor when it is used an an ingredient. I just find it too much at 100%. And of course no ill will to those that love it. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I grew up (In Ontario) on ketchup, mustard, (dill!) relish for hot dogs. As my tastes matured, I added onion to that.

Now, I can’t imagine a hot dog without the sweet-umami kick of ketchup on it, really.

Sausages though? Ketchup is a sin on those.

ETA: I also recognize that pic as a hotdog in a 7-11 box, to which I wonder: Where the hell is the nacho cheese?!

5 Likes

That was how my Gram liked them.

Me, I’ve never cared for relish; be it sweet or sour.

3 Likes

Yeah, not a fan of the yellow stuff, but I’ll still eat a hotdog with it. I prefer the brown grainy type, or one that’s spicy.

As for ketchup, I’ll only eat it to be polite, but it’s way too sweet for my palate.

2 Likes

I grew up on ketchup so I like it but rarely actually eat it because I don’t need all that sugar.

Yeah, that’s the only reason I eat yellow mustard, some polite situation, which has been so long ago I don’t recall the decade or details. :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, it’s good to hear that we’re both acting like adults. (The 13 year old in me wants to tell people that I’m allergic to ketchup. The problem is, I really like tomatoes. :laughing:)

3 Likes

That’s the other thing I’ve learned - perhaps because of the HFCS in US ketchup, but the taste is very very different compared to the Canadian stuff, brand-for-brand.

Seriously, never do this. This is why people with genuine allergies have such a hard time getting people to take them seriously, and restaurants that take this stuff seriously go through so much shit to try and avoid allergy-level cross contamination that you are massively increasing the workload for those people if you do this.

3 Likes

Oh, I bet you’re right. Even the All Dressed chips taste different here. I’ll have to do a taste test once the pandemic wanes and travel restrictions are lifted.

3 Likes

They most definitely do! We had to get a care package of All-dressed and ketchup chips send down to us, there’s no equivalent down here!

And yes, America, ketchup absolutely belongs as a chip flavour.

4 Likes

Cole slaw. Slaw dogs are god’s gift. Excuse me while I wipe up the drool.

5 Likes

Wayyy too late to the party but this would make a great poster.

1 Like

Not sure if anyone has shared this Taiwanese style hot dog on a sticky rice bun yet, but I feel like I’d never look back once I got my greasy hands on one.

3 Likes

I love ketchup chips. Lays won’t sell them here for no good reason. I think one of my first post-pandemic acts shall be taking a quick trip to South Detroit, just to get some dang chips!

4 Likes

Right? I do not get why they aren’t sold here. It’s arguable that potatoes-and-ketchup (i.e., ketchup chips) should be more popular in the US since most American chains don’t offer vinegar or gravy for fries, something that’s quite popular in Canada.

And yes, we do from time to time have "Fries & Gravy* chips up North, and they, too, are awesome!

4 Likes

What the hell is patates sauce? Wait… is that French Canadian?

4 Likes

Man, I so want to make a dash across the border for some proper chips right now…
And some kibbeling, maybe. And a vat of vla, and a box of pindasaus to take home, and an assortment of those ‘looks like frosted with toxic chemicals’ cakes, and chocolate, and whatnot…
(I can make it to the Netherlands or Belgium inside 90 minutes easy from where I live. Under normal conditions.)

5 Likes

giphy (19)

5 Likes
12 Likes

Looks like the CapCom “Joe” was a naval flight surgeon/pilot and NASA astronaut Joe Kerwin. He is a wise man. :hotdog: (with mustard)

8 Likes