I saw Kraftwerk’s 3D Tour at Red Rocks Amphitheater a couple of nights ago, and it blew my mind

Originally published at: I saw Kraftwerk's 3D Tour at Red Rocks Amphitheater a couple of nights ago, and it blew my mind | Boing Boing

7 Likes

matthias brown ohne titel GIF by TraceLoops

3 Likes

I saw the Minneapolis show last month, and it was one of the best shows I’ve ever experienced. Just superb.

5 Likes

Second this, was a great show!

2 Likes

My cat Ralf walked on my keyboard and I hit Delete on my comment as I moved her away. Boo! Arrgh!

Anyway, I noted that Kraftwerk deserve their accolades as being “more influential than the Beatles” in The Guardian and I can assure fellow Boingers that seeing them should be a bucket list item.

We had fun at the show. We Krafted our own uniforms, who knew that it would be so freakin’ difficult?

download

3 Likes

I’ll be seeing them when they come to Seattle in (*checks calendar*) 6 days. I am somewhat concerned about my seats. I ended up with seats really close to the stage which would normally be awesome of course, but with the multimedia aspects I’m concerned now that I may have made a mistake with that choice. I guess we’ll see.

I’ll report back next week.

2 Likes

One of my teen frustrations was that I was too young to go to Tribal Gathering in 1997, where Kraftwerk were one of the headliners. I don’t think there was another opportunity to see them perform at a rave in the UK.

The Youtube comments claim that the techno stages shut down during the performance because all of the DJs wanted to see them.

6 Likes

Well, whenever I get my time machine for going to shows I missed because they happened when I was too young, I promise to come pick you up and take you to that.

6 Likes

Saw them last month in Boston. Amazing!

1 Like

I feel ya. I ended up missing Kraftwerk 3D in my city because the only seats available were on the side stage overhangs.

Get your tickets now if you are thinking about going!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

For anybody that’s interested, my recap/thoughts are here:

2 Likes