I was too young to understand 'Love, American Style' but the theme-song stuck with me

The Recurring Brass Bed…because you know, Sex. Giggle

2 Likes

So strange, yesterday I was trying to
remember the theme songs from the Friday night lineup
Brady Bunch (Here’s the story, of a lovely lady…)
Partridge Family
My Three Sons
The Monkees (hey hey we’re the Monkeys!)
I apologise for the endless humming
You all are going to do now!

3 Likes

B&C list actors - I don’t know if I’d be that hard on them. I’d say LAS was populated with the most popular character actors of the time. Rare for them to be above the title stars, but most of them had impressive resumes none the less.

Actually, now that I check out some episodes on youtube I think it’s safe to say some of the biggest tv stars of that period acted there as well as up and comers - Harrison Ford being the top hit.

2 Likes

That’s funny! I’m 48 years old and I guess I had a much more visual memory. I totally remembered the heart shape American flag motif, the font, the fireworks, the actor pictures and names in the heart shape. But I did not remember the song nor what the show was actually about.

1 Like

Can we all take a moment to acknowledge how goofy it was that the futuristic society of Demolition Man’s 2032 had virtually no living memory of what life was like in the 1990s? I mean, it’s not like the people of 1996 had to turn to archeologists to piece together an impression of what the 1950s were like.

1 Like

I attribute it to the gradual dumbing down of American society; it’s a prelude to “Idiocracy.”

I only remember one LAS episode, the one where the principal character, an adult male, somehow is made young again (a boy of 12?). There was the expected adult meets man-child interaction:

Adult woman: “You’re so mature!” (Showers him with kisses.)
Man-child: “Okay, we’ll have time for more hugging and kissing later on.”

So, I wonder if that Tom Hanks film “Big” ripped off that LAS episode.

2 Likes

And “Happy Days” spun off “Laverne & Shirley,” “Mork & Mindy,” and “Joanie Loves Chachi.” Did I miss any?

1 Like

Then there’s the Out of the Blue controversy:

3 Likes

Well, there were also the cartoons:
The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang
Laverne and Shirley In the Army Now
Mork and Mindy/Laverne and Shirley/ Fonz hour

3 Likes

Maybe we all get brainspores, and lose our memories. And taste in music.

Wow! Kudos. I thought I was good at this game for remembering that “Hello, Larry” spun off of “The Facts of Life” (which of course was spawned by “Diff’rent Strokes”, yada yada yada).

2 Likes

Most of us would like to forget that.

1 Like

And here I thought I was the only one that remembered that show.

Pickins were slim and Henry Blake is my defense.

2 Likes

That kind of thing never ends well.

1 Like

I think I have, and will not question further. Most likely there were ancillary memories that also must remain forgotten, so I shall not dig further. The itch to do so shall go away soon enough.

1 Like

Thanks for the earworm. :wink:

1 Like

Aw man, my apologies; what was supposed to be a joke fell flat. My bad.

I remember the show. There were three short stories per episode. Some were pretty good, others were mediocre. The talent was mainly familiar faces rather than familiar names. I’m surprised no one has done an update turning each story, with appropriate rewriting, into a Youtube episode. They’re the right length.

1 Like

I thought “Hello Larry” spun off from Different Strokes directly.

1 Like