ICE arrests 680 workers at Mississippi food processing plants

I don’t think this is part of Koch Industries, or related to the Koch Brothers.

Assholes to be sure, but not this assholery.

8 Likes

Step 1: Arrange for chicken to be cold shipped to a country that pays its workers pennies on the dollar
Step 2: Hire said workers for pennies on the dollar.
Step 3: Call ICE on your American plant paying undocumented immigrants and refugees nickels on the dollar.
Step 4: Make tasteless, “If I had a nickel…” jokes at the expense of the downtrodden.
Step 5: Live out the rest of your days in fantastic wealth, never really finding happiness in the unceasing quest for more more more.
Step 6: Shuffle loose your mortal coil.
Step 7: Twist and squirm in the deepest, darkest levels of hell for all eternity, you sad, pathetic excuse for a human being.

5 Likes

so wait that’s like a quarter million dollar payroll without any social security numbers?

how is that not an immediately go to jail for the business owners signing the checks?

oh I see, not 680 in one place, but still, one or two is one thing, you have hundreds of people at one place without SS, that’s an illegal business

4 Likes

Want to know why these companies were employing so much illegal labour?

ETA: This concept applies broadly and these kinds of raids serve as reminders to those who might insist on pesky things such as rights.

16 Likes

It 45 “openly” racist?

He seems to spend a lot of time denying he is and it’d be a lot easier for everyone, if he was open about it.

2 Likes

Brave Americans will step up to the plate and fill those jobs, just you watch. The finest. The best.

3 Likes

Like zero. Zip. Nada. None.

2 Likes

That would require showing some courage of his convictions and honesty - things he’s incapable of.

I get where you’re coming from though. We all know he’s racist, and he constantly says racist things but it always seems shrouded in just enough innuendo that he’s somehow able to get a pass from many (including the MSM). That shows me that he’s not just a racist, but he’s really really good at it.

6 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking. All businesses should be listed by name, and the higher-ups that profited from flouting US hiring laws should be punished, not the exploited workers.
Then maybe they would care about updating immigration and hiring laws…

6 Likes

It’s mind-blowingly manipulative. Rich Republicans hire H visa workers and undocumented workers because they know they can pay them low wages and subject them to dangerous and unhealthy working (and often housing) conditions. And then they say, well, Americans don’t want those jobs—i.e., the owners won’t raise wages to attract American workers to those jobs. Yet they preach (or support those who preach) about immigrants “stealing” jobs and about the magic ability of the Free Market to set fair wages! So cynical. And the mainstream press, too often, conveys their garbage propaganda as if it’s an actual good-faith position.

12 Likes

Anyone employing or contracting with an “illegal alien” without verifying his work authorization status is guilty of a misdemeanor.

4 Likes

There is no irony.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement was formed pursuant to the Homeland Security Act of 2002, following the events of September 11, 2001.

I was a prisoner of ICE while George Dubya Bush was pretending president.

Time-traveling African Muslim presidents are confusing.

9 Likes

Have fun filling 680 shitty jobs with slave like conditions and awful pay in bumfuck Mississippi before the food spoils.

1 Like

Huh? Me?
Have you been shooting up hemp again?

17 Likes

and by obama, you mean george bush the lesser.

dhs and ice were created in 2003.

17 Likes

50 million pounds of chicken. What volume would that occupy? Imagine it all piled together. Somewhat horrifying.

Also, fuck ICE and all fascist, racist scum!

2 Likes

usually fake ss numbers. there was a long article somewhere a while back about workers at a trump golf course who were told multiple times they needed to “improve” their papers, and given contacts to help do so.

13 Likes

The same as before.

1 Like

Better yet they paid taxes which help to pay social security, police etc. but since they are “illegal” immigrants 99% of them will never use these systems even if they could use things like Foodstamps to feed theyr children.

14 Likes