Iconic musician David Crosby, RIP

The good thing is that everything they gave us and everything they taught us we carry forward and continue to share with others. As this thread has demonstrated.

Nobody is ever completely gone

11 Likes

brings back some kind memorium of that fantastic

2 Likes

You know, I wouldn’t say I am a David Crosby fan, but given how many good songs he has done that I like, i think I am in fact one!

5 Likes

i think it’s sad that Graham Nash and David never repaired their rift, or that he couldn’t repair the rifts he had created with Stephen or Neil. but i think Graham Nash’s statement is perfectly heartfelt and eloquent, and says everything needed to be said. Thanks, David, for the music and being an inspiring guy who had great facial hair and never was afraid to take a stand.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t have thought so, myself, but Sky Trails & For Free had a Steely Dan-thing going, here & there, that drew me in. ( :arrow_left: And the last part of that sentence, for a long time, is something else I wouldn’t have expected to write)

Miles Davis did a really long version of “Guinnevere,” which Crosby didn’t get, which in turn pissed off MD…

EDIT for clarity (maybe)

4 Likes

I heard he was a big fan of Steely Dan (whose name origin still cracks me up).

5 Likes

A little David Crosby with Bonnie Bramlett/Sheridan. Bonnie Bramlett also an amazing talent.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.