Lovely early versions of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's "Our House" and "Déjà vu"

Originally published at: Lovely early versions of Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's "Our House" and "Déjà vu" | Boing Boing

1 Like

Sublime, and delightful.

2 Likes

That was lovely. The photo on that album cover was shot down the street from my house. It’s in somebody’s yard behind a fence so I haven’t been able to find the exact spot, but it’s out there. My son and I did manage to find the location of the Dead’s barn/recording studio which is in what’s now a public park nearby. Lots of hippies in our neighborhood back in the day, I guess.

4 Likes

you know, as a gen-Xer, i have a love/hate relationship with all things boomer – but this album is one i will forever love. it’s just so sublime.

2 Likes

This album, my Sansui amp and a pair of Wharfedales on my kitchen table, a joint, and a freshly minted pressing of Deja Vu. These are a few of my favourite things.

3 Likes

I had always though our house was a madness song. Stupid me

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for posting this. I used to love this. I don’t know why I ever stopped listening to CSN&Y.

(This may get me a “THAT’S THE JOKE” gif, but I don’t care.)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.