Idiot instantly regrets trying to kick a dog

First dog = Warren G.
Other dogs = Nate Doggs

2 Likes

Because you were playing with a bunch of dogs and part of the game was to slide up to and maybe under the dog. The dog’s part of the game to to escape and sometimes to jump on the other party. This could be a variant of catch-the-dog, a favorite of large dogs, since they have no trouble running faster than humans.

You were right to leave. Those are feral dogs (probably like the kind I saw in Mumbai). They are the same species as the domesticated dogs you’re used to, but they are NOT pets and never have been.

They’re not coming in for a scratch. They’ve probably never had a scratch. And they’re not coming in for treats, because they don’t know what that is either.

My host colleagues were very clear: if the dog isn’t on a leash, treat it like you would any wild animal, because that’s what it is.

ETA: I like dogs too, but it’s not about what I think of the dogs, but what dogs think of me. Pet dogs tend to love me on sight. Wild dogs… don’t think of humans that way.

4 Likes

Reminds me very much of this:

3 Likes

But to be honest, I found them progressively less scary the more they were employed… Blink is still a fantastic and scary episode, though.

7 Likes

Humans cannot outrun a dog. Dogs are hardwired to run after you if you run, so don’t do it. You just kick in their instincts. The defense taught is “be a tree”: don’t move, don’t make a sound, don’t make eye contact, be the most boring tree possible.

4 Likes

I am not energetic enough to be as boring as a tree. Can I stay in the “boring as a rock” state?

3 Likes

Only if you want to be peed on by a dog.

1 Like

Well, I know what you mean, but saying “I would never kick a dog” is like saying “I would never shoot another person”, then you find yourself being shot at, and see a loaded gun lying nearby.

I have no desire to kick a dog, just like I have no desire to shoot a gun at anyone.

1 Like

not a problem. I know The Rule by heart.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.