Idris Elba as Bond?

Didn’t he dress well, though?

1 Like

He could do the safari jacket and high waist pants now and again. The suave 70’s, 80’s look.

1 Like

Well, to be fair, that’s also what we are doing right now.

6 Likes

He’s on the film-making side, not the peanut gallery side.

But, if any one of us is actually in a hiring position for a gig like that…why haven’t you given me a job yet???

1 Like

Too much facial hair.

3 Likes

Is Horowitz in a position to actually choose the next actor to play James Bond? I was under the impression he was just a novelist who was hired to write the next official book in the James Bond series, not someone who actually gets to make decisions related to the filmmaking side of the franchise.

3 Likes

He’s an OBE. From your avatar, I thought you knew already how this Illuminati thing worked.

PM Daneel for deets.

2 Likes

You’re already wrong. In the very first screen version of Bond , he was both portrayed by and presented as an American.

1 Like

Oh, I’m way beyond the Illuminati now. They were just a stepping stone for me to infiltrate the REAL shot-callers in the Secret World Government: The Ancient, Honorable and Fragrant Order of the Pink Goats.

3 Likes

I’m guessing his biggest problem might of been that Connery was a Scot… ?

I officially has a confuse. Didn’t Fleming WRITE Bond as a Scot? Or did he retcon that part after Connery?

Retcon. Made him half-FrenchSwiss too, I think.

1 Like

But he shouldn’t be American. An important part of Bond is making fun of Americans.

Edris would be required to do an accent of some sort.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but @daneel seems to have answered your question!

He has an accent, doesn’t he?

If you didn’t know that Elba is actually English then don’t feel bad. He did a pretty darn good Baltimore accent for The Wire (just as Hugh Laurie did a pretty good American accent for House).

6 Likes

I wonder if Lee Child ever considered shaving a foot or so off his hulking, ass-kickin’ Jack Reacher character after he was portrayed on screen by Tom Cruise.

2 Likes

Really? I’ve read all the books (the real Flemings, that is), and seen and own all the movies. I don’t recall much of that “making fun of Americans” that you reference. Most of the stories take place in Europe, and the only American that has has repeated interaction with is his CIA counterpart, Felix Leiter.

Who was a different actor every time.

1 Like