If Blink-182 wrote Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'," it would sound like this

On a Friday…

1 Like

That’s always been the funniest line of the song for me. :wink:

4 Likes

After Blink 182’s first album, they picked up Travis Barker for drums. I’d argue he was a better drummer than Blink had any right to have.

3 Likes

Kinda cute seeing Steve with his peach fuzz mustache. That video did make it clear that I had never seen the members of Journey. Seems like they got big just before MTV, and all their marketing materials had spaceships and everything cool except the band itself. I just visualized them playing from some nondescript fantasy spaceship.

I’ve had to explain this recently.

Windsor?

3 Likes
3 Likes

A lot of USians are likely scoffing at this, but I remember the halls of junior high (and likely high school), where a majority of you were wearing your Journey Escape concert t-shirts the day after the tour date.

I See You GIF

5 Likes

Yup, Windsor, Ontario, Canada. There’s mostly just an east and a west side of Detroit.

3 Likes

Oh, I know. I’ve done my time on 696…

3 Likes

Eww, I’m sorry. For a while Mr. Kidd was building a lab at the Warren tank plant (as tracked war machines). M-14, 275, 696 all the way to Van Dyke. Arguably the worst commute in the Metro.

3 Likes

At least that didn’t include the Southfield Freeway. :grimacing:

3 Likes

To be avoided even more stringently than Telegraph, the Lodge, or Ford Road (lookin’ at you in particular, Canton).

2 Likes

The same folks did a similar cover of One Week by the Barenaked Ladies.

1 Like

EdibleVictoriousEkaltadeta-max-1mb

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.