If it isn’t drugs, Musk is a piece of work

Originally published at: If it isn’t drugs, Musk is a piece of work - Boing Boing

3 Likes

Ben Affleck Ass Hole GIF by Amazon Prime Video

27 Likes

and thats that.

4 Likes

According to Musk, he agreed to undergo random drug testing for three years after his appearance on the podcast—and claimed “not even trace quantities were found of any drugs or alcohol” have been found in his body since.

Alex Spiro, an attorney for Musk, also confirmed to the Wall Street Journal the billionaire has “never failed a test,”

But has he actually taken any drug test?

20 Likes

Here’s the thing.

The people whose financial fates are tied to Musk have a vested interest in not uncovering evidence of erratic behavior driven by illegal drug use. If anything they have a perverse incentive to help cover it up to avoid damaging his brand. So really we have no reason to believe any conditions Musk might agree to would expose drug use if he was really doing it.

23 Likes

And if he did are they testing for drugs he might have actually taken?

15 Likes

Why would he even bother claiming that? Any high school stoner worth their rolling papers can pass a drug test.

7 Likes

Gosh, it sure would be bad for his companies if Musk was making erratic and incomprehensibly terrible decisions because of drugs! As opposed to just being the sort of arrogant know-nothing huckster who makes erratic and incomprehensibly terrible decisions on his own, which is apparently fine.

36 Likes

Yeah, at least you can stop taking drugs.

24 Likes

Just in case anyone has forgotten, he picked that number so he could make a lame “420” joke. As is his habit.

https://www.reuters.com/business/weed-joke-agreed-deal-inside-musks-44-bln-twitter-buyout-2022-04-26/

9 Likes

It’s probably not helping him, but no amount of drugs in the world could make most of us act like Musk. He’s just a rich, spoiled, oblivious manbaby and a terrible person, no need to place the blame elsewhere.

17 Likes

They keep rolling percentile dice for the random part, but never seem to hit 00.

(And what are they supposed to do, ambush him in the urinal?)

7 Likes

i mean he’s addicted to power and twitter and probably microdosing some things here and there that’s fairly normal in silicon valley.

i’d be surprised if he hasn’t used, say, caffeine pills or adderall to help focus before.

1 Like

“I really don’t like doing illegal drugs.”

In my limited experience, people who quantify it like this are the ones most likely to abuse prescription drugs.

YMMV

16 Likes

I assume from his behavior that he regularly uses methamphetamines. I also assume he does more interesting drugs like ayahuasca but maybe not (and if not maybe he should).

4 Likes

According to Musk, he agreed to undergo random drug testing for three years after his appearance on the podcast—and claimed “not even trace quantities were found of any drugs or alcohol” have been found in his body since.

Alex Spiro, an attorney for Musk, also confirmed to the Wall Street Journal the billionaire has “never failed a test,” and said the newspaper’s report included “false facts”—but did not disclose what those were.

I am, for some reason, reminded of all of Trump’s doctors who insisted that he was The Healthiest Man Who Ever Lived and Was Probably Going to Kick God’s Fat Ass Any Second, Just You Watch.

14 Likes

If it isn’t drugs, Musk is a piece of work

Penguin Shrug GIF by Pudgy Penguins

13 Likes

Drugs won’t do this to people. Some drug addicts are dysfunctional narcissists and some dysfunctional narcissists don’t use drugs, but the relationship is not necessarily causal in either case.

11 Likes

Assuming he has some awareness of how more than just a few people totally despise him, I’d bet he has a bodyguard or two who check lavatories before entry… then, a la John Gielgud, think, “Perhaps you would like us to come in there and wash your dick for you, you little shit.”

1 Like

He might really not like the results there. I’ve seen some people who are bit narcissistic suffer quite a bit on ayahuasca…

4 Likes