Tesla board members pressured into drug use with CEO who claims he does not partake

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/05/tesla-board-members-pressured-into-drug-use-with-ceo-who-claims-he-does-not-partake.html

3 Likes

How would he know if he likes drugs if he doesn’t take drugs?

10 Likes

I thought lone skum talks about ganja all the time?

11 Likes

That’s natural, not a drug.

/s

3 Likes

This is Trump-level stupid.

8 Likes

I was on stumbleupon when the media jumped on Arnold Schwarzenegger’s then-ancient remark about ganja, “It’s not a drug, it’s a leaf.” I saw the story before visiting stumble that day, and damn near every one of my friends there had sent me links to the story on various news sites! weed

That night, I dreamed I was walking in a lovely park, when suddenly, a buncha big, security-lookin’ dudes w/matching suits & earpieces appeared. I presently saw Arnold was in their midst. We smiled at each other, and I grinned, saying, “It’s a leaf!” and we both had a jolly good laugh. tophat-rofl

I posted about the dream on stumbleupon the next day. I laid the blame on my friends there for the dream, after all, they’d sent me the story from about 75 diff sites tophat-biggrin grouphug

11 Likes

I wonder if he has a secret dungeon for all those things he claims not to like ala Henry Nicholas.

6 Likes

We need another former heavy metal drummer to sue the Tesla board over this.

5 Likes

Maybe not directly, at least at first.

One of the shareholders should ask for a policy “Board Members must be regularly drug tested with results made public”

8 Likes

I saw Arnold yesterday AM. I was smoking a joint and walking my dogs, and the Governator was riding his bike. He looked at me and nodded as he rolled by.

18 Likes

just say no arnold schwarzenegger GIF

10 Likes

Aw man, I wish I had a cool story like that.

4 Likes

I wonder if it upsets him that Henry Nicholas has beaten him to more or less all the crazy party CEO checkboxes…

1 Like

That’s is the epitome of no class. It’s polite to offer drugs to your friends if you’re partying, but it’s beyond the pale to pressure anyone to take them. That’s like cartoonish behavior from DARE videos. "C’mon man, don’t you want to be COOL?"

5 Likes

If you’re smoking leaf, you’re doing it wrong.

6 Likes

Are we supposed to have sympathy for these folks? Cuz I got none.

3 Likes

This is insanely stupid of him. Remember that one time when Bill Gate’s stupid “friendship” with that Epstein guy cost him his marriage and got him kicked out of Microsoft? This is the same kind of stupid personal choice. Because of lawsuits, as one issue, but as CEO of SpaceX he probably needs a security clearance to submit some of his proposals.

The whole “biohacking” thing that Elon and many other tech guys are into is a bad way of thinking that ignores decades of prudence that medical research has developed.

7 Likes

150+ people sent me that story, and all I got was that lousy dream!!! fool43 lol fool46 beatnik smiley-channelde_rauchen001 fly2

4 Likes

He was able to get past the whole kerfuffle after smoking that joint on Rogan’s show in 2018, but yes, this behavior definitely put him and the company at risk:

Of course, the feds may find a way to look past this again as they don’t have a lot of non-SpaceX launch options right now. :frowning:

8 Likes

He is as much a part of living in Santa Monica/Venice as the beach.

6 Likes