If the Doctors Who were American

If John Oliver was American?

1 Like

He’s as American as Peter Jennings. (who should be the 7th doctor himself).

But if you really insist on being strictly on-topic, then I will change my vote to

1 Like

And who can forget Edward James Olmos as The Master? It’s a shame that Lucy Liu didn’t have a longer run as companion, though.

1 Like

Tina Fey?

Although if we’re doing wishful thinking and Gene Wilder is 4, then Gilda Radner should be Sarah Jane.

2 Likes

I maintain we already had a truly American Doctor Who back in the 80’s. It’s called Voyagers. Reboot plz.

When I was just out and about, that’s what popped into my head, Gilda Radner. It’s obvious if you think about it.

Bug report: this is tagged as ‘doctor whpo’.

38 minutes in. Time to start solving the problem and save the enterprise! Wesley, bring me some technobabble!

I think about that whenever Game of Thrones fans start obsessing over Peter Dinklage’s accent. Which one of the GoT actors has an Emmy, again?

1 Like

I think Doctor Who might be a worse offender for pulling solutions out of their asses. Star Trek at least tried to keep the technology internally consistent. Doctor Who is king of deus ex machina.

Medicus ex machina.

2 Likes

Quo tardis?

3 Likes

Are you denying that The Doctor is a god?

1 Like

Will tempore domini suffice?

2 Likes

https://image-cdn.zap2it.com/images/matt-smith.gif

2 Likes

Oh my good god why isn’t Rutger Hauer a naturalised American?

I can’t play this game, all I can think of is Rutger.

It’s not worth it. Remember how the American remake of Inspector Spacetime went?

1 Like

Since he created the universe (this iteration of it, anyway), I think there’s a good case for him being the god.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.