If The Mandalorian was an anime

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/06/if-the-mandalorian-was-an-anime.html

4 Likes

So much disrespect for the subjunctive mood.

Were.

4 Likes

More like if Mandalorian was Cowboy Bebop.

9 Likes

y’all actn’ like Lone Wolf and Cub aren’t a thing

5 Likes

FYI Shogun assassin is the American release re-cut of I think the first 2 Lone Wolf and Cub films (they made 6). I’d recommend the originals.

2 Likes

Cowboy Beebop is/was an anime series.

I liked it.

5 Likes

Oh, I know. I just mean that this isn’t just stylistically “an anime”, it’s a very specific one that set its own style completely. Even down to the musical choices. I love Cowboy Bebop.

4 Likes
4 Likes

It will be a live action show made by Netflix with John Cho.

2 Likes

So and there is a graphic novel version called The Mangalorian?

5 Likes

Bah, 2020 won’t gives us something cool like this.

2 Likes

It’s not 2020’s fault!!

(that’s my new protest slogan)

2 Likes

Just wait for 2021…

1 Like
2 Likes

One of the younger Cannibalpeas’ friends went to Halloween as Usagi.

2 Likes

How is it that there has not been an Lone Wolf and Cub anime? This baffles me.

2 Likes

It would almost certainly be better and make more sense in its context as an anime. Plus a little sexy Cara Dune? Lol love that bit from the “trailer”.

1 Like

I’m…cautiously optimistic about it? It seems like they’ll be telling different stories than the anime, which is way better than trying to recreate the original episodes. Plus Shinichiro Watanabe and Yoko Kanno are on board, which ratchets up the optimism significantly…so from “no fucking way” to “I’ll watch the first episode and see.”

2 Likes

Okay, not a real movie or anime series, but He and his son made a cameo in an episode of Samurai Jack.

1 Like

A kid who looked remarkably similar to Daigoro was in Samurai Champloo.

2 Likes