If Trump is reelected, he promises to "look very, very favorably about full pardons" for the January 6 rioters who are "incredible"

Originally published at: If Trump is reelected, he promises to "look very, very favorably about full pardons" for the January 6 rioters who are "incredible" | Boing Boing

10 Likes

In a way, it’s the perfect counterpoint to Biden’s speech yesterday about creeping fascism in the U.S. These MAGAts are showing us exactly who they are; per Maya Angelou, we should believe them.

34 Likes

I thought all the 01/06ers were antifa…

28 Likes

I don’t believe that for a second. When was the last time Trump did anything for someone who wasn’t in a position to do something for him?

29 Likes

IANAL and all, but isn’t that a form of witness tampering? Guess not?

25 Likes

His feelings are hurt that it’s become part of the boilerplate insurrectionist defense to claim they were misled by TFG. So he’s offering the suggestion that if they’re just a little more loyal, they can win cash and prizes.

21 Likes

39 Likes

He could have pardoned them in 2021 before he left office. He didn’t.

His M.O. shows he does not have to actually “do” anything, just the “suggestion” is enough.
Ask Ukraine to “announce” investigation. No need for an actual investigation, just an “announcement”.

27 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

21 Likes

I will look very, very favorably about full pardons. … I will be looking very, very strongly about pardons. Full pardons… We’ll be looking very, very seriously at full pardons

A Trump chatbot would fit on a 1.44 floppy disk

31 Likes

Yeah, consistency is not at all a strong suit of these MAGAholes.

13 Likes

Wow, he’s actually admitting up front that a landslide victory isn’t the only possible outcome.

16 Likes

Though pardons could only apply to criminal defendants, and nearly all defendants who are charged at this time were at the US Capitol on January 6, critics of Trump have previously raised the possibility he could be trying to buy the silence of close advisers who didn’t participate directly in the insurrection.

THIS I believe.

15 Likes

Its a never ending circlejerk of bullshit crazy lies that take almost no effort to recognize and call out. Yet nothing.

They are my documents I declassified them. The FBI planted them. I gave them all back and we signed confirming it. I demand you give them back they are mine. I declassified them but there was no declassification paperwork filed making it official. I have executive privilege as a private citizen over the active executive POTUS.

This stuff is sheer fucking madness!

22 Likes

He was too busy packing and moving boxes of nuclear secrets and consulting with luminaries like Giuliani and the My Pillow guy.

7 Likes

For now he can pass out white privilege cards
WhitePrivilege

12 Likes

Nah.

It’d fit on a double density disk (170K) and run on a Vic-20 without the expansion pack.

5 Likes

I understand the name reference there, but I’m pretty sure Mr. Miracle wouldn’t have anything to do with these jerks.

3 Likes

If you are going to get all fancy with a SSDD, you have room for Loderunner too!

2 Likes

Law Firm: “When will we be paid?”
Trump: “Very soon.”

5 Likes