If you like broken windows and the smell of urine, here’s a $5 hotel in Japan you can stay in

Originally published at: If you like broken windows and the smell of urine, here's a $5 hotel in Japan you can stay in | Boing Boing

1 Like

Y’all would be paying $1000 a month in NYC and be all like “its right in the middle of all the action!”

13 Likes

I’ve seen worse, a lot worse.

6 Likes

Five bucks a night leaves quite a bit left over for Febreeze.

4 Likes

$5 a night? Or $5 an hour? :thinking:

2 Likes

That’s for the whole hotel.

1 Like

Yeah, I stayed at a hotel in Manchester that had a window that wouldn’t shut (in winter), everything smelled of cigarettes, and there was no TV. It cost me 50 quid a night.

3 Likes

Honestly, I have stayed at worse places.

3 Likes

The audio just said a funky smell, Who’s to say it was toilet-adjacent? The possible sources are endless!

I stayed in a “hotel” in Central America, where the mattress had no sheets, the window had no glass, the toilet had no seat, and the shower was not something I wanted step into with shoes on. But, the door locked, and the open-to-the-elements window wasn’t much of a security concern on the 6th floor.

It was $6 for the night, which was my budget range at the time, as I was making $1 an hour waiting tables in a place where there was no tipping. It was fine!

1 Like

Yeah, early 80’s Panama I had a few go to flop houses that were $1.00 US. Not bad, but the flea bites were irksome.

1 Like

My dad had some stories about Panama and Colombia in the 60s, that usually ended with him saying “and then it gets fuzzy, I uh, don’t remember the rest”. It wasn’t super convincing, like he didn’t want to tell his daughter about the more extreme debauchery of his youth, go figure.

But, I recall specifically that he found the scent of Nag Champa incense to be reminiscent of a Panamanian brothel, so he didn’t leave out all the debauchery.

2 Likes

I may have sought comfort there as well.

1 Like

This hotels needs to be hooked up with…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.