If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Great Idea?
Mark the dog poop so on their return trip the dog’s guardian can find it and pick it up.
Also, good warning sign so others do not step in it?

15 Likes

Many of you may know Sahadi, the Middle Eastern importer and fixture of downtown brooklyn. Their holiday window dressings are always delightfully mish-moshed and authentic. The “Blood Bank” is my new favorite of the Halloween season…

14 Likes

It’s much too early on a Monday for me, but here I am. Awake. And just loving it.

This one is something you can bust out if someone asks you for a little kiss.

This is how my Monday morning feels so far…

… I’m just a monkey sucker contemplating my confusing existence while willing my eyes to stay open so I can drive in to work and then try to stay awake at a desk, in front of a computer for the next 9 hours, so I can afford to live a bit longer in my house with my loved ones and our stuff.

17 Likes

All together now, God made man!
But he used the monkey to do it
Apes in the plan
We’re all here to prove it
I can walk like an ape, talk like an ape, I can do what monkey do
God made man
But a monkey supplied the glue

Are we not men?
We are Devo!
Are we not men?
We are Devo!
Are we not men?
We are Devo!
Are we…

6 Likes

I assume this upset a few children in the charity shop, but I laughed, possibly too hard.

21 Likes

oof. The Gene Simmons was me, but the blue was…intestinal symptoms, and the black warpaint around the eyes a nasty fever-induced headache. I presented a big project I’ve been working on for months on Friday (it went really well!) but I think my body finally gave up and crashed this weekend.

4 Likes

Yikes! As bad as I feel, at least my body isn’t working to turn me inside out. Thank you for helping me find a bright side. I hope you have a quick recovery!

4 Likes

I’ve never gotten the point of these.

This one has the actual switch higher on the anatomy than some I’ve seen, but still… why? Why do this? Whyyyy?

The screw right through the heart like she’s a robotic vampire is a amusing though. The bottom one is almost hidden in the pattern.

Add to that; why the fork is she holding a birdhouse?

Puzzling.

17 Likes

Seen on one of those punch bag arcade machines, but universal advice I’d say.

17 Likes

Dayum, how did that sign maker know what I’m thinking at some point on just about every day?

9 Likes

Someone (I swear it was here on Boingboing) called this ‘the high cost of living at home’

(if you can claim this, name yourself, dammit. I still use this phrase)

7 Likes

It’s Wednesday. “How you doin?”

11 Likes

Gaah!

Much to the contrary of apparent intentions, I find that about as friendly and welcoming as a rabid cat.

5 Likes

It’s Friday, so here’s my brother’s cat, Cake:

17 Likes

Graffiti in a culvert we saw near our house:

Don’t call it a comeback, I’ve been here for years. And don’t be rude. Dick.

7 Likes

The season is upon us. You can’t turn a corner in the grocery store without running into “Pumpkin Spice” this and “Pumpkin Spice” that

Okay, I made up the last one. But they were orange, and they really fit well with the theme. You can’t convince me that if they thought there was a market for them, they would hesitate to sell them. My wife convinced me to post it when I started to have second thoughts, since it wasn’t truly “found”. I’m not throwing her under the bus; just sharing the blame.

the_spice_must_flow

29 Likes

red-dwarf-series-2-episode-1

9 Likes

11 Likes

16 Likes

Def a cutie, but don’t you mean Pancake? :wink:

2 Likes