If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

10 Likes

15 Likes

Dew in a cobweb this morning.

19 Likes

Ordered some groceries from Target, including zucchini.

Individually wrapped and in a plastic tray twice as big as the squash.

10 Likes

I imagine to both make it easier to pack and to keep it from getting squished.

8 Likes

I guess…every other grocery store seems to manage just fine without any packaging, but vegetables at a Target are probably under different pressures to a grocery store primarily patronized by adults…

8 Likes

AFAIK Vaccinium vitis-idaea, commonly called lingonberry, partridgeberry, mountain cranberry, or cowberry

15 Likes

Correct (minus the typo c at the end :wink:). I whish I had a spot where I could gather a mass of these.

3 Likes

Yesterday in Haagan Alppiruusupuisto (Haaga’s Rhododendron Park), Helsinki, Finland.

16 Likes

While usually I get angry at this sort of thing at the moment I only buy vegetables that are wrapped in some sort of plastic. You never know how many customers have been coughing on that beautiful display of zucchinis.

6 Likes

You reminded me of one of my kids’ toddler books:

11 Likes

15 Likes

Sunset, two nights ago. Taken while my kids and I were trying to see the planet Mercury. This was the ONLY CLOUD in the sky, and obliterated any hope of seeing the elusive planet. Sometimes clouds are jerks.

17 Likes

Last winter, LadyGoose and I scraped our pennies together and bought a piece of land. While I was up there getting a feel for the property lines and doing some light brush clearing, I stumbled upon three little sleeping beauties.

Each one I only saw when I was inches away, and two of the three kept sleeping and/or hiding, curled up in tight little balls. Despite that I was startled by each, though none moreso than the second of the three who was in about waist-high grass, and leapt straight up in the air before scrambling away in the underbrush. I have video of the moment (I was filming a tour for my girls) but the internet doesn’t need audio of me shitting myself.

19 Likes

(Sent down this rabbit-hole here.)

8 Likes

Is this symbol unique to Finland or is it known globally?

591vhm_propage

9 Likes

It was a popular symbol of Arkansas when I lived there…presuming it’s supposed to be a tick.

10 Likes

Jeff Mallett really draws like Bill Watterson, huh?
But that’s a great word!

7 Likes

The result of my wicked in-depth research two minutes of googling leads me to believe it is not widely used outside of Finland and, for those of us not familiar with it, represents a church boat.

giggles

Someone has drawn a picture of a so-called church boat and a picture of a man’s genitals on the surface of road number 9 from Muurame to Jyväskylä. Central Finland was the first to report on the matter.

The location of the crumb has been chosen so that the drawings are spectacularly visible from Muurame’s weather camera.

Crumb? Go home Google Translate, you’re drunk.

10 Likes

Yes a “church boat”… I do find it weird that everybody else draws phalluses and we draw vaginas.

Expect for stuff like Sheela-na-gig.

Crumb = Töherryksen = of the grafitti

8 Likes