If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

My camera is lousy at taking pictures at night. This is from my hotel. The fire looked like lava on the hills an hour ago.

Regarding mask usage, it doesnt seem to be taken very seriously from what I’ve seen.

11 Likes

12 Likes

Wait, that’s not the Drumpfbus is it? That’s supposed to go to Phoenix.

Meanwhile, Tucson:

13 Likes

Twinsies! (almost)

Wow, taken only 2 minutes apart! It is left as a problem for the student to calculate how far apart these pictures were taken. (Hint: the moon is 384,400km away)

14 Likes

Hey, Castle Arts? I know you juuust launched your new Universal Color System™ but we need to talk about this one. For a couple reasons…

20 Likes

Take home a case of Corona today!

15 Likes

14 Likes

That’s pretty amazing.

I think knowing the height of the clouds would be more useful than knowing the distance of the moon, though.

ETA: I could very well be wrong

8 Likes

Back of the envelope calculation says 2560 km as the crow flies.

10 Likes

Close enough.

12 Likes

That’s quite a crow you’ve got! :smiley:

Researchers found that most crows do migrate — not just to escape trying weather, but to breed. In total, 73% of western crows and 86% of eastern crows migrated at least some distance to breed, with an average journey of around 500 kilometers.

Source

[Disclaimer: I don’t really know what I’m talking about; just was moved to look that up out of curiosity :slight_smile: ]

7 Likes
12 Likes

The June weather is reaching near 110 degrees during the day, and causing poor humidity recovery at night, resulting in “critical fire conditions,” according to the national Incident Information System. The fire is currently 33 percent contained, with 876 fire personnel on the job.

Smoke coming up from Pusch Ridge now.

7 Likes

My biggest question is “Why!?”

16 Likes

For the garden?

8 Likes

“That cat is fresh and has a stone-cold booty…”

5 Likes

12 Likes

10 Likes

Vannin. 

4 Likes

Still one point of visible fire at night.

(Far to the right.)

12 Likes