If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

I found a class jar that had once been a centerpiece at a wedding. Born again as a cloche. Also gave the lettuce a name.

18 Likes

Well done!

If it gets warmish, pull that hat off and replace just before sundown if you know the temps will dip to near freezing.

Please pardon my being pushy, but some water and then some mulch would definitely be a help.

Good luck!

14 Likes

Bad Day indeed. For some reason, Criterion Channel video signal changed tonight, could be my TV but no other streams affected.

It took me a bit to figure it out

8 Likes

That’s just the Nintendo Switch version.

3 Likes

5pm UK Christmas Eve. The view from my lounge window.

22 Likes

Lovely! Hope you’re having a great day!

12 Likes

Saw this group helping barn owls promoted during an episode of Escape to the Country that was filmed in Shropshire:

http://shropshirebarnowlgroup.org.uk/

One of the reasons barn owls are losing places to nest happens to be barn conversions, so of course they showed one to the couple searching for a new home… :woman_facepalming:t4:

14 Likes

In gratitude for the increasing light,
and the wisdom of the hive,
thanks to all here to make this place worthwhile.

Charro Ranch Park
Hays County, TX
Winter Solstice 2020

25 Likes

Some Christmas Eve morning pics from our nearly 60deg (F) stroll

sunrise swan:

A sheet of ice under the water:

23 Likes

Every year my father sends me evangelical Christmas cards, usually in support of some Christian youth organization. This year’s is just spectacular. A snow golem pleading to God for release from its abominable, cursed existence. This is begging for fanfic.

Unfortunately, the interior doesn’t expand upon what it does when it reaches the sleepy, unsuspecting village below…

ETA: I only just noticed his cardinal familiar. So much!

21 Likes

Frosty’s planning to kill himself by warming his head and neck, then rolling down – his corpse gaining size on the way – to crush the town in a horrific murder-suicide. As the slow drip-drip-drip of liquid heat-death approaches, he beseeches the heavens for one last sign, one ray of hope to avert his demise and that of the sleeping villagers below. But the icy blue star is silent. The cardinal whispers, “See you on the other side”, then flies off to his cozy nest and family. The End.

ETA: I’m not normally this dark. I just saw the cap and scarf and ran with that

14 Likes

“My god, my god, why do you forsake me?”

10 Likes

11 Likes
7 Likes

Seeing those photos my thoughts went straight to this little story.

I think it’s relevant but almost certainly won’t help reduce fear levels.

Although Neil reads beautifully and very soothingly so there is that.

6 Likes

Fantastic bald-eagle spot we found today on a Sunday drive in the Boonslick area. We saw three males and at least one female in this single location.

ENHANCE!

22 Likes

Went out on a little photo shoot around town yesterday. There’s talk they are tearing down this area to build housing (which is great - not that they’re tearing it down, but that we’ll have more housing) so I wanted to record this cool old stack:

And I also came across this photo from a restroom door at a craft brewery in VT from the “before times”

18 Likes

It snowed!

18 Likes

Neat! That’s a lovely view!

8 Likes

That’s the doggie park just outside my lounge window. I am spoiled and/or lucky!

13 Likes