If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Double rainbow this evening.

23 Likes

Double rainbow all the way!!!

And RIP double rainbow, dude, Paul Vasquez!

17 Likes

It was across the sky so far you could see the whole curve, it was so amazing I stood in the cold wind and rain just to look :rainbow::hugs:

16 Likes

Spotted the first humming bird at the feeder tonight. It came back a few times, which was probably a good idea since the forecast is 1C tonight.

13 Likes

Met an unexpected stranger on the street yesterday.

I’ve seen them before but not in such broad daylight I think.

18 Likes

Mute swan nest in Eläintarhanlahti (Bay of the Zoo), Helsinki, Finland.

21 Likes

21 Likes

The ponds at the peacock park are quite shallow, so they dye the water. That way the relentless texas sun and birdy predators don’t kill the fish, I suppose.

Interesting trees

14 Likes

First flight in a year. Good to be mobile again.

14 Likes

Happy feta.

16 Likes

No more humming birds spotted until this evening.

One female Ruby, and two males. The female came a couple times that I noticed, and then there was a male (bob and sip) who kept coming back again and again, finally another male (sit and sip). Other than sex, it’s hard to tell them apart except by behavior when feeding. (Tempted to add an RFID tag reader, like a UofT project in the area.)

There’s a frost warning again tonight, so hopefully they have good shelter. When they sleep, they slow way down, and finally go into a cold sleep torpor, looking kind of dead until it warms up in the morning.

12 Likes

This seagull made a nest out of a length of those anti-bird spikes

24 Likes

Easy to imagine what this guy snacks on…

9 Likes

Yeti lives! Late Jurassic Navaho Sandstone Yeti.

12 Likes

You probably shouldn’t have parked that generator next to the plastic trash can while renovating your house

12 Likes

tom-hardy-oh-dear

4 Likes

Ah, just what I’ve been needing! Some kids for less!

16 Likes

To be fair, they’re really expensive.

7 Likes

Don’t let Matt Gaetz see this.

16 Likes

In south central Austin, Texas, Monday, buying catmint, lavender, salvias (just the regular kind, nothing entheogenically significant).

This painting is maybe 10 feet tall and way more saturated and sparkly than my iPhone’s quick snap is conveying here. The vibe is very south Austin.

ETA: those two parrots at the bottom of the painting are the resident birds inside one fo the areas of the shop (it’s a pretty sprawling complex) and, while not native to Texas, they are very much a part of the whole shopping/visiting/strolling around their sprawling space experience. I love their goofy nerdy dioramas with succulents:

https://gonursery.com/gallery

13 Likes