If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

They forgot the blank space in the “health protection” bullet point.
This is going to haunt me all day.

6 Likes

Is it an ad for a versatile witch/warlock or an accomplished attorney at law?

better call saul trailer GIF

8 Likes
2 Likes

This woman was queuing in front of me, waiting for a checkout. I reckon she’s got a pair of lace undies on her head. Does anyone else think so?

5 Likes

Oh dear, that poor woman is wearing her headundies inside-out! Why has no one told her?

5 Likes

I think she made a very deliberate choice to put them on her head. Maybe she doesn’t realise they’re gusset-side up, but I’m fairly certain she absolutely knows she’s got lace undies on as headwear.

5 Likes

If she’s wearing a kerchief instead of skivvies, I’ll call it even-steven.

3 Likes

larry hagman 80s GIF

9 Likes

Not sure if this is the right topic to post this in.

I’m not religious, but Rev. Trevors does speak to me, having been brought up in the faith and I find this particular sermon powerful, even though I don’t have much in the way of positive experiences with Evangelicals.

2 Likes

There is a pair of sacred twins in the Voudon religion. It’s been a few years since I read any of my books, but IIRC, they’re very demanding, picky, and cause a lot of trouble when they’re unhappy with practitioners. Human twins are held in high but wary regard in Haiti.

2 Likes

I now know there’s a gardening thread, but here’s this, anyway:

I’m sure someone here can identify this tree – I used to think it was a dogwood, but this blooms later and the petals(?) are pointy-ended. Not sure if it’s native or introduced, but I’ve seen them in both private yards and public (otherwise unlandscaped) areas.

12 Likes

Kousa Dogwood. There about about 45 different types of dogwoods, IIRC.

10 Likes

Pretty. Does it smell nice too?
I think it’s a Kousa dogwood
https://plants.ces.ncsu.edu/plants/cornus-kousa/

@FSogol

polar bear advertising GIF by MANGOTEETH

13 Likes

By Jove, that’s it! Like I said I’ve seen them in people’s yards, but also along the same stream where I’ve seen raspberry which I’m sure isn’t native, either – I guess whatever seeds, fruits, etc. that are washed out of yards and/or aren’t eaten quickly enough take root where they’ve floated down the watershed.

6 Likes

Feast yer eyes on these lichens and fungi. These branches fell out of the high canopy during a heavy thunderstorm.

16 Likes

WTF is this?

17 Likes

Made by an insect

11 Likes

This was a very small maple, so it checks out

6 Likes

New swans just dropped

(AKA: budding terrorist cell…)

16 Likes

14 Likes