If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Interesting. In Afrobrazilian religions the twins are considered benign creatures. The syncretic religious cults amalgamed them with catholic saints.

When I was a child I loved their feast, as their devotees distributed Candies to the kids.

10 Likes

9 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

22 Likes

A PokePad? PokePod?

2 Likes

Cowbirds (jerks)

12 Likes

And brood parasites.

Its not unusual to see the Cardinals in my neighborhood raising cowbird chicks

8 Likes

I love the birbs, but I’ll kill cowbirds if I get the chance.

1 Like

My dream summer cottage.

12 Likes
3 Likes

So I dragged the family with me to Midtown so I could see Cole Porter’s piano. That “Chevy Chase at the end of Vacation” feeling when you get there…

15 Likes

Out for a walk with Snorkel this morning, met one of the neighbors:

My daughter says her name is either “Geraldine” or “Sox MacGee”. The turtle, that is. We refer to my daughter as “Throckmorton” or “Spud’.

20 Likes

A little Raccoon stuck in a drain outlet. He’s been there for a bit, hopefully I can track down a parks employee…staffing is light on a saturday morning…

17 Likes

Stuck-stuck or just in there because they were looking for food? Racoons are good swimmers

10 Likes

There are a lot of small fish and turtles down there. That was my thought too, I’ve seen them swimming (and one frozen in ice mid swim above in this thread…) but another concerned nature lover remarked that this one looked quite young. It didn’t seem outwardly distressed.

10 Likes

Huh. I hope mumracoon just stashed them there so she could get 5 min of peace
Mothers Day Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

9 Likes

7 Likes

Pun intended, or not?? Either way, I support!

Photo credit: me
Handmade sign credit: Unknown, presumably a child attending the school seen in the background.

12 Likes

Well, I tried to watch the Tau Herculid meteor shower tonight. I saw two faint ones and one impressive long track before the inevitable cloud cover that arrives whenever there is a cool astronomical event rolled right in from the south. :rage:

12 Likes

The forest log friends have gone their separate ways. I assume two of them took a float trip, with the recent overflowing of the Mississippi in that area. They were left on somewhat higher ground:

Just one eye remains, facing skyward.

10 Likes

Nice bit of environmental storytelling in my AirBnB.

17 Likes