If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Recycled corrugated cardboard couch at a testing laboratory in DC

and a close up

I know my cats would love it.

14 Likes

We got a hint, too:

(Either it’s too early for crocus here, or they didn’t come back)

Here’s something I didn’t expect to see again; this box had been in a cabinet for the past 20+ years (but I’d never noticed that logo before)

8 Likes

Some of our plants are very early too. It’s 50° and there’s a dozen strawberry blossoms

Beautiful sunset tonight

17 Likes

I saw this and I immediately thought of you all :wink:

22 Likes

Sunset in Sydney.

19 Likes

ETA: From the same trip.

Is this a riff on “atta boy?”

5 Likes

No.

7 Likes

Knowing Gi Joe GIF by MOODMAN

7 Likes

We’ve got an Assa Abloy here in New Haven. And great pizza. And a college you may have heard of. Let me know when you’re coming for a college visit and we can get some pizza :grin:

5 Likes

ASSA is short for August Stenman Stenman August.

ABLOY is short for Aktiebolag Låsfabriken - Lukkotehdas Osakeyhtiö [Joint Stock Company Lock Factory - Lock Factory Joint Stock Company]. Aktiebolag (AB) Låsfabriken is in Swedish, Lukkotehdas Osakeyhtiö (Oy) is in Finnish. Later known as Ab Lukko Oy or Joint Stock Company Lock Joint Stock Company.

6 Likes

Penélope Pitstop.

18 Likes

Crescent moon over Naha.

20 Likes

New moon over Bucks, middle England with, I think, Venus.

(but correct me if I’m wrong).

14 Likes

You should be able to see both Jupiter and Venus fairly close together. That tree branch is probably blocking one of them.

11 Likes

It hailed today

Southern CA has been very chilly all winter and the typical post WWII house we live in is not insulated and is very cold.

16 Likes

Try this app/site/program:

It helps me a lot.

14 Likes

Thank you for that.
It looks like it might be Jupiter in my pic, rather than Venus.
I have downloaded this app to my tablet now.
Looks like fun.

13 Likes

Por nada. You’re welcome.

If you want to see artificial satellites, the International and the Chinese Space Stations, check out this site/app

10 Likes

The planet Venus you say?

ENHANCE!

(Seriously it’s a lovely picture, but I am very angry right now and needed to make a funny)

9 Likes

Ah! Got it the other night

18 Likes