If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Where the Wild Things Trick or Treat.

13 Likes

Just look at it!

24 Likes

(Sorry no photo but…)
Found a chickpea in my shirt pocket

(No I didn’t eat it)

9 Likes

are-you-sure-chihuahua-meme

10 Likes

And Donald Trump never had a garbanzo bean on his face.

/sorrynotsorry

4 Likes

:notes:
Found a peanut chickpea, found a peanut chickpea,
Found a peanut chickpea just now.
Just now I found a peanut chickpea,
Found a peanut chickpea just now.

It was rotten, it was rotten,
It was rotten just now.
Just now it was rotten,
It was rotten just now.

Ate it anyway, ate it anyway,
Ate it anyway just now.
Just now I ate it anyway,
Ate it anyway just now.

10 Likes

Used boat for sale. Gauranteed it doesn’t leak.

18 Likes

Moon and bat

(For whatever reason, this phone just doesn’t do the lavender in the sky.)

14 Likes

More supermarket treasures.

I don’t know about you guys, but I have always wanted to get Barney really stoned and drink chocolate milk out of his butt:

I’ll admit, it never occurred to me to attempt grilled cheese en papillote. $4.99 seems a little steep for two parchment paper sacks though, and seeing as I don’t own a pop up toaster, the buy-in cost for this experiment is getting a little steep. I’ll just have to stick to the old fashioned way— building a furnace out of mud and stones to refine my artisanal, hand–mined bauxite, lost–wax cast casting a saucepan, low-and-slow anodizing in a vinegar bath with a bushel of potato batteries over a period of seventeen days, and grilling my cheese over an open hardwood flame. Screw convenience. Slow food is the only way to go.

17 Likes

My dad bought us these toaster bags, mainly so my son could easily make grilled toasted cheese. I doubt he paid that much. They’re made out of something like Tyvek and I’m going to continue believing that there are no adverse effects from heating this material to a high temperature while it’s in contact with food.

Here’s the good part – we have a toaster oven, not a pop-up toaster. I couldn’t figure out what the hell good they did, and Dad forgot we don’t have a pop-up toaster. They’re still useful to the extent that they hold the sandwich together in spite of clumsy handling on my son’s part.

7 Likes

All snarking aside, they’re not a terrible product. They fall into that category of things which meet a really specific use case— to me they seem superfluous, to you and your son they make a lot of sense.

I’d guess that they are made of parchment paper which I use all the time in the toaster oven for reheating stuff, cooking vegetables, and…um… making grilled cheese.

now I feel like a jerk

7 Likes

Dad also bought us a microwave corn popper. It looks like a coffee pot, but with a protective plastic exoskeleton. Dang convenient and without the palm oil (or worse?) that they normally put in a bag of microwave corn.

Available from where you order stuff

11 Likes

Well shit, now I’m wondering if there’s caffeinated popcorn…

ETA…of course there is:

10 Likes

I did wonder if it’s possible to roast raw coffee beans in one of those things. I had seen a recipe for roasting them in an air popper…

5 Likes

Barney follows a ancient history of animal sippy cups!
Recent, from the NY Times:

image https://static01.nyt.com/images/2019/10/01/science/25TB-BABYBOTTLES1/25TB-BABYBOTTLES1-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

16 Likes

I love those!

Look as good when it is 3000 years old the purple dinosaur will not.

10 Likes

Do they have any with Pax / Necron 99 riding one?

images

12 Likes

20 Likes

Sometimes a forking woman with a cock is just a forking woman with a cock. :thinking:

14 Likes

I didn’t get the reference but it reminded me of Joust.

3 Likes