If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Photobombed by the BNSF :laughing:

6 Likes

Nan McLean and Anonymous. I took that 14 June 2008. Nan passed yesterday at 96. Nan was one of the the first Scientologists to leave, and to dare to criticize and expose them, and never gave up. She got her family out and stuck it out through the worst that Scientology could do in the way of dirty tricks, which were a lot worse back then.

https://tonyortega.org/2019/11/19/nan-mclean-1923-2019-one-of-the-bravest-women-who-ever-exposed-scientologys-abuses/

20 Likes

I can always appreciate a well stickered door :grin:

7 Likes

You probably didn’t know that Emperor Qin’s first conquest was Norfolk, Massachusetts, not Xianyang as is popularly assumed. He left behind some soldiers to gaurd the joint when he returned to China; they’ve been on the job ever since. Impassive sentinels, they coalesce from the morning mist to haunt the shoulders and odd corners of lonely roads.

13 Likes

In case you didn’t know what a cauliflower does when it doesn’t get harvested…now you know!

18 Likes

Some subliminal pro-immigration messaging on the office supply closet.

20 Likes

I honestly can’t see the word “ICE” in capital letters, or hear it, without my jaw stiffening slightly.

7 Likes

First frost of the year and a smoking boat:

13 Likes

If you tailgate in a lifted truck with HIDs, you are a huge asshole

16 Likes

Actually, any two of those are generally sufficient.

8 Likes

Shit. I’m just looking at a picture of that and it’s searing my retinas.

Any one of those is a pretty good indicator that you are. Any two of those locks it down. But all three means you’re trying to win a contest or something.

9 Likes

Bonus points if they’re also bearing this decal:

Spotted yesterday, with my 5th grader, who wondered what it meant and why it was supposed to be funny. I explained “it isn’t” and the best course of action is to keep walking. He’s (probably unwittingly) doing the rest of us a favor, i.e. “this is not someone with whom I need to waste precious time nor space.”

15 Likes

Or truck nuts.

I’m not one for “think of the children” pearl-clutching, but you have to think of the children at least a little bit. After all, thinking about others is what makes a civilized society. Besides, picking up hitchhikers in exchange for drugs or sex is a sacred act which one should learn about from anyone but this asshole.

It means that the selfless and classy gentleman driving this car is apparently stuck in the 1970s, when people still hitchhiked, gas was suddenly more expensive than it used to be, the War On Drugs hadn’t started yet, STDs were annoying (e.g., crabs) rather than potentially life-threatening (AIDS), and people still displayed this bumper sticker to show how with-it they were.

is the right answer, but “laughing at not laughing with” is also acceptable.

See also, “if you figure out why it’s funny, explain it to me, because this thing’s been around 45 years and I still don’t get it”.

13 Likes

Lol, I hitch hiked as a teenager in the early 2000s.

And yeah, I mostly traded in drugs for that.

5 Likes

I must be sheltered then, because the closest I’ve ever come to that was cadging rides from sketchy acquaintances.

I chipped in gas money, but never grass, and certainly never ass.

5 Likes

I grew up in Maine, and a friend who hitchhiked frequently said it was never a problem, because it never took more than 15 minutes or so to learn that the driver was either a relative or owed a relative a favor…

6 Likes

It’s Washington state. Even Before it was legalized, we were pretty permissive. And anyone sketch enough to pick up a teenager turns out is sketch enough to smoke a doob with.

4 Likes

For some juvenile reason, this gift card design made me LOL in the grocery checkout line:

14 Likes

16 Likes

:grimacing:
Better off walking…

5 Likes