If you want Oreo to stop releasing weird new flavors, stop buying them

I bought the Lady Gaga ones. Who could resist?

1 Like

Me.

Passed right by the display on my last shopping trip without a second glance.

Personally I don’t mind all the wacky variations, because I don’t buy them; I don’t even eat regular Oreos very often.

3 Likes

Amen. The cinnamon bun Oreos are out of this world awesome, but they were only around in grocery stores near me for about 6 months.

1 Like

What a weird assumption that we want them to stop. I say continue on you marvelous mad scientists.

3 Likes

Exactly. Nabisco leases (pays slotting fees for) a certain number of linear inches of shelf space chain-wide or distributor-wide. They then push orders to the stores to fill that space. In the old days, each store calculated move rates on products and did pull orders based on demand. That is also why toothpastes don’t have a descriptive name anymore.

1 Like

I’m another person who is very happy with a couple of the weird variants. DH asked me not to buy any more of the peanut butter Oreos, because they would all be Hoovered up within 2 days. And the lemon flavored ones are narrowly beating out the standard Double Stuf Oreos in our house.

Any time they mention Oreos in the media it just makes people buy more Oreos

STOP BUYING OREOS means buy more Oreos

2 Likes

Ooh, I’ve heard Oreo as pet name. I want to name one Hydrox.

I’m surprised nobody’s mentioned the other important thing Novelty Oreos do: they take up shelf space that would otherwise go to cookies made by someone else, and that means someone who’s not Nabisco would be making money that Nabisco could be taking.

Personally I’d rather just get some unbranded cookies made at the store’s bakery anyway, all the big brand cookies are kinda nasty.

2 Likes

For a brief period, I was able to buy M&M’s with an Oreo cream flavor at Target and my wife and daughter LOVED them. But of course, they disappeared.

That reminds me that my wife really enjoys the Cinnabon instant Cream of Wheat.

I have yet to find a novelty flavor I’ve actually liked and would eat more than one of. That being said, I really think they should bring back the Oreo BigStuffs. Those were amazing.

1 Like

Though it is true that they were the first, IMO Oreos are superior. Hydrox are not even as good as the Paul Newman knock-offs.

Me too.

This presents quite a conundrum for me. I want Oreo to stop releasing new flavors, but I also want to continue buying new flavors whenever they are released.

2 Likes

That’s not going to work. Over here, ever since Kraft bought out Cadbury’s , they’ve been promoting these things as hard as they can, having them mixed in with the chocolate and available in a dozen different combinations, despite the fact that the public doesn’t care for these bland confections at all. Resistance is futile. You will like the bland corporate junk food. Your distinctiveness will be erased and replaced with our own.

I am all in favor of experimenting with new oreo flavors, as long as the original + double stuffs are still available.

On the other hand, Skittles are dead to me ever since they changed the green ones from lime to apple. Lime was my favorite and the citrus trifecta with lemon and orange was fake fruit perfection from my palette’s point of view.

3 Likes

But but… then we’ll never have Wasabi Oreos!

(my secret dream, if only for comedy purposes…)

4 Likes

Ummmm…

1 Like

But we already do!

2 Likes