Oreo-flavored Coke and Coke-flavored Oreos

Originally published at: Oreo-flavored Coke and Coke-flavored Oreos - Boing Boing

2 Likes

Spokesmen said, “Look, we just want your money.”

12 Likes

“Jinx, I owe you… an Oreo flavored like a Coke?”

5 Likes

Gail Sherman said: “Here, have some of mine and let me encourage others to do the same”

(Is there a word for that? I think I’ve seen such a word used around here in similar contexts.) :wink:

2 Likes

The oreo coke is zero sugar? I don’t think they understand their audience.

3 Likes

I’ve never had an Oreo, I don’t think I’ll have one just yet.

I do remember these, really unpleasant.

The cookies sound intriguing, but I’m not touching Coke Zero in any flavor. Diet pop is the devil’s bathwater.:face_vomiting:

3 Likes

Regular Oreos are vegan if memory serves; I wonder these mutant offspring can claim the same?

1 Like

9 Likes

I tried those coke oreos. The first one tasted a little odd, but then my tongue went numb and I couldn’t taste anything at all.

5 Likes

Screen Shot 2024-09-05 at 19.25.15

Screenshot it?

4 Likes

Just saw this in the wild this week…

:woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Screen Shot 2024-09-05 at 21.31.44
The early seventies wrapped up

4 Likes

Ooooh the amount of nostalgia that image contains is overwhelming!

The Olde English flavours were manky though.

3 Likes

?

2 Likes

Spangles. Sigh.

Like @MikeR, I just had a rather long moment of wistful nostalgia.

Unlike MikeR, I liked all the flavours, including Old English.

The regular Spangles packet (labelled simply “Spangles”) contained a variety of translucent, fruit-flavoured sweets: strawberry, blackcurrant, orange, pineapple, lemon and lime, and cola.

Over the production period many different single-flavour varieties were introduced including Acid Drop, Barley Sugar, Blackcurrant, Liquorice, Peppermint, Spearmint and Tangerine. A white mint Spangle, complete with hole, was produced as a competitor to the Polo mint.

Old English Spangles

[edit]

The Old English Spangles packet contained “traditional English” flavours. The standard line-up was liquorice (black), mint humbug (brown), pear drop (orange/red), aniseed (green) and treacle (opaque mustard yellow),[9] but other flavours appeared from time to time.

3 Likes

But… they already tasted the same, didn’t they?

2 Likes

zQciIk

4 Likes

Still my fave:

3 Likes

Shouldn’t the little pills be yellow?

3 Likes